1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The OFFICIAL best media thread (noobs MUST look in 1st page, 1st post before posting redundant posts!!)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by LiquidusX, Oct 4, 2005.

1. dwaynep

dwaynep Regular member

thnx for this sticky!

2. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

3. lon

lon Regular member

What's going on with media?

Why was the Official Taiyo Yuden thread closed?

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

5. lon

lon Regular member

Ok.

I have it sussed now.

Will keep subscribed to both threads for a while.

I want to see another of those $28 free shipping Lie-On deals.

6. Gamesoul

Gamesoul Member

After reading through all 37 pages of this thread, all I can say is... -.-;

There certainly is a lot of valuable information in here, much of which has helped me immensely just reading through it. That having been said, I am astounded by the amount of posts made all asking the same stupid questions. The fighting, arguing, conflicting speculation... at times the thread seemed like it'd never recover.

And in the end, it's reduced to people asking the same foolish questions that could be answered with a simple search, a quick check with Nero InfoTool, or a check of the first post in this thread. It seems a lot of the most helpful regulars have been chased away by this constant flow of questions that are asked so frequently, that not even a Taiyo Yuden could stand up to the wear and tear... :D

I feel I must thank the many regulars who dedicated so much time to testing different discs, gathering so much information relating to this thread, and answering so many questions... so many times. I want you guys to know, that despite all the stupid questions from the people who are apparently too lazy to do anything on their own (and I don't mean *all* the questions asked... not trying to target everybody, so I'm sure you understand the people I'm talking about...), you have definitely helped me to make quite a few better decisions regarding my back-ups and the health of my PS2 in general.

I have no questions, no desire to flame anybody, and no crappy statements like "MEMOREX IZ DA BEST!!! OMG LOL". I just wanted to stop by and show my appreciation for all the hard work. Thank you again. :)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2007
  7. ularu

ularu Member

Everyone was a
    at some stage;
    Why do so many people hang it on someone when they are just trying to learn something??

Everyone was a
    once.
    So please be nice :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  8. Gamesoul

Gamesoul Member

You have to remember though... while everybody has been new at some point, only stupid people ask questions that are clearly answered over a hundred times in twenty different places.

A person who knows nothing, but makes no effort to take even a few seconds to find out something on their own... a person who feels the need to ask a question that has almost become cliché, instead of reading the answer to that question given every single time it was asked... These people are the n00bs that others hate so much.

I can guarantee you that, in addition to myself, many of the more respected regulars here and on other forums have never resorted to asking dumb questions that already has a solid answer. Being new does not excuse a person for being so lazy.

Deal with hundreds of these people, and patience for answering their redundant questions starts to wear thin. I'm not saying they should be flamed, banned, etc... I'm just saying that it gets hard to be cheerful (or very kind at times) when you deal with enough of these people.

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

we call it Spoonfeeding lol

10. yigael

yigael Member

My problem is related to Imation DVD+R SOHOT 8x. I own a ps2 modded with a Modbo 4.0 firmware Matrix Infinity 1.93.
    During the first months everything has been working wonderful with the media. I was able to finish my backups for .Hack 1-4, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater among others.
    Now I wanted to go back and replay one of my imation backups and the ps2 wont read them. I have other backups that use RIDATA dvd media and they work fine. Also an IMATION CDR works fine. Backed movies in IMATION media wont work also.
    PS2 will read normal movies

Any idea??

11. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Imation is garbage, plain and simple. This is why people like myself always preach the use of quality media. People not in the know flame and argue that their memorex are awesome and there games work...but take a look at your situation. Yes, they worked initially, but now all you have is a miniature frisbee.

Only solution to your situation is to steer clear from Imation in the future. You will not encounter these types of things if you stick to the tried and true winners, Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

12. Daxsmoker

Daxsmoker Regular member

Dude if u want ur games to work just use sony dvd+r cuz i wat i do, i have yet to get a failed copy.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  13. yigael

yigael Member

10-4!!

14. yigael

yigael Member

any opinion on ridata's? if you had the chance of using them?

15. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

I am not a ritek fan at all. Ridata's are very middle of the road dvd's, for the same price you can get Taiyo Yuden's...so why not?

Do you live in the US? If so, check out http://supermediastore.com , VERY reliable and VERY good deals.

16. yigael

yigael Member

unfortunately, i live outside the US, Panama City, and the cds that we get here look like they were taken out of a cracker jack's box. Ill see if those famous taiyou yuden, for verbatims, I do know they are available in the market down here

17. oczylisa

oczylisa Member

18. yigael

yigael Member

just tweaked the lsaer a little bit and everything is working fine so far, also i got my hands on a 50pack of verbatims for us$18 locally so if it happens again, ill migrate everything to verbatim

19. oczylisa

oczylisa Member

What programmes will you use to migrate the games to new DVDs?

20. yigael

yigael Member

alcohol 120%