The Simpsons...(It's freakin hilarious lol)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NeoLance, Jun 4, 2005.

1. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I thought there might need to be a Simpsons thread to go along with the Family Guy thread... I love this show!!!

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I just haven't been able to get into it the past few years. I loved watching it years ago.

I think what really did it for me is futurama. I LOVE futurama. I think I'd give up my left nut if it would bring futurama back. so I was really hoping that Matt Groening would end the Simpsons when it was at its peak, and continue going with Futurama. but that obviously didn't happen, so since then I've had a bad taste in my mouth about the Simpsons.

3. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

So you wanted The Simpsons to end? I know you wanted it to end at its highest peak but i dont understand why if you liked it you would want it gone at all...

4. djscoop

djscoop Active member

my point was that the simpsons have been on the air for what, 15 plus years now? its got to run out of steam at some point. so rather than beating it into the ground until fox cancels it, why not stop when you're on top and go out with a bang, then continue of with future endeavors like futurama. yes, I like the simpsons, but in my opinion there's enough simpsons episodes to satisfy my simpsons craving, so I really wouldn't be upset if it was canceled, and futurama could have been its successor.

5. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

The Simpsons IS a GREAT show...

But the sad truth is and djscoop is right, the show will definately come to an end.

Although with the Simpson movie in the works, who knows what is going to happen. I have every episode on tape/dvd/pc and watch it continuously, but there is going to be a time when it ends, and even though it will be a missed program...they certainly have had MANY, MANY, MANY great years. There hasn't been a single prime time show (that I know of) that has lasted that long. I am probably wrong, but as far as I know, not one comes even close.

Still, The Simpsons is a great show to watch and to reminsce on...I mean hell, how many lines and scenes can you remember and that you will enjoy for ages to come!

;P

6. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Lol i get it now...

7. philipman

philipman Regular member

yeah the simpsons is a great show, but there is going to be a time when it has to end. That would be great if futurama were to come back on the air, I allways liked it better than the simpsons.

8. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah I think futurama has much more character and depth to it, tons of room for adaptability and expansion, where as simpsons feels repeditive just because it has been going on so long. reminds me of the "simpsons did it" episode of south park lol

9. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Yea the good thing about Futurama is that they are always doing different things, the Simpsons start to drag... So whats your favorite character in Futurama and The Simpsons? Im not sure about Futurama because i havent seen it for a long time but for Simpsons its Bart... I also like Homer because hes so stupid lol. Oh yea nvm i like the robot the best in Futurama...

10. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yeah BENDER is the greatest! for Simpsons I'd have to say the sarcastic comic guy

typo

Last edited: Jun 5, 2005
  11. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

Sorry i forgot the name... LOL i havent watched it for a while. The comments and stuff Bender makes to everybody are so funny. Its funny to see a comical robot with such sarcasm. What is your other favorite character though in the Simpsons?

12. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I guess second favorite would probably be Flanders. My favorite episode (as morbid as it sounds) is the one where Maud got killed (also cause I love NASCAR) and Homer sets Ned up on dates. that was a great episode

13. NeoLance

NeoLance Regular member

I think Bart's cool because hes a teen and everything and i can relate to him i guess. Not that hes like me AT ALL but its fun to see the stuff he does in school.