they guy game

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sharonk, Aug 19, 2005.

1. sharonk

sharonk Member

i have game called the guy game,my only problem is that the iso is over 6 gigs and i need to get it down to 4.7 so that i can burn it can anyone help me with this any help much appreciated

2. veredes

veredes Member

I dont think there is any easy way to do it. You could extract all of the video files and reencode them with a lower bitrate then rebuild the smaller ISO...The guy game kinda sucks because most of the space is for movies.

3. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

@ sharonk
    Please learn some English for gosh sakes. Or at least learn how to type and that l o n g - B a r thingy at the mid-bottom of the Keyboard is called the "Spacebar" and is you friend! Try uesing it sometme!

@ veredes
    If you know of any Tools that can rip SofDec encoded Movies and then re-encode them back into SofDec .sfd Files. By all means please tell us! I have two SofDec *.sfd Files that I'd love to edit the Background Music to...

@ sharonk
    You have only two options open to you.
    1) Burn your .iso onto a DVD+R-DL (8.5Gb),. Which might mean a new purchase of a DVD±R-DL Burner. Or...

2) Get a bigger HDD (ca. +160Gb), for your XBOX™ and then just unpack the Game there. And run it from the HDD.

4. sharonk

sharonk Member

there is a way you can delete files i just dont know what files i can delete if anyone knows what files i can delete i would be very happy

5. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

You can not go mucking around with any Program like that and expect it to work. Becaues it just simply will not. =(

I take back what I said earlier you do not have two options but actually three options

1) Burn your cough Backup cough to a DVD±R-DL (8.5Gb Disc).

2) Get a bigger HDD for your XBOX™

3) Go out and Purchace the real thing and support the Game Developers so that they god willing make the "Guy Game 2" someday...

6. veredes

veredes Member

7. sharonk

sharonk Member

i know nothing about xbox games or what to do that is why i thought i would post of this forum,thinking some nice person would help a learner out i was wrong though

8. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

@sharonk

I thought I told you twice now. Unless you have access to a XBOX Dev. Kit (simple enough with the Complex BIOS Image) and the current version of the XBOX™ SDK (Software Devlopent Kit), Bit harder allthough not impossible either and Visual Studio 200x again not entirely impossible. And one HELL OF A LOT KNOWLEGE of the C++ language. I don't think you'll achive something that even the Devs couldn't do. Even if you could further compress all the Video content in that Game it probably still would requier you burn it on a DVD±R-DL (Dual Layer 8.5Gb Disc),.

Again as I have said before you have only Three choises before you.

1) Get a new DVD±R-DL Burner and some good media! And burn it.

2) Get a larger HDD and unpack the XISO with something like Quix! To a location like F:\Games or G:\Games (if your drive should end up being lager then 137Gb),.

2a) Both 1 & 2 will require you to have either somekind of 'Softmod' or an actuall Modchip with a valid cracked Firmware (i.e. BIOS Image) on it.

3) Go out and make an actual purchase of this Game. if that is indeed still an option at this point - side note: Didn't the Game Dev's get in trouble for having an underage contestent participate? I seem to remember seeing / hearing something about it...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  9. Ichijoe

Ichijoe Regular member

@veredes

That's a lot of info to swim though I'll have another go at it later unfortuatly I can't make use of your second link as it appears to be in French. And I only understand English and German and the next two languages I plan on learning do not have French included. =(

But if theres a way to rebuild or indeed create my own .sfd Files. Then I'll galdly use such info to mod the into movie to DOAX with something eles I had in mind. Like possibly 'Summer Days' By Do As Infinity...

10. MK64N

MK64N Member

Yes 50% of all the Dreamcast tools work for current gen xbox games. also if you wish to compress the videoes in "The Guys Game" thats gonna be pretty freaking blocky and choppy. ew.

>>anyway to do this, i recommend you download the DVD5 version off P2P, if your not up to doing a good compression job. of course you'll just need any old spf converter, compress and reconvert. volala, done.

11. veredes

veredes Member