Tiscali Broadband Need Legal Help!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by LukeWiggy, Jul 22, 2008.

1. LukeWiggy

LukeWiggy Guest

What to do?
    Ok Guys just canceled my Package with them but i said to them how long i have left with them they said to me i have till next year they said I renewed last month DID I? DID I HECK!
    Right Ofcom? or someone else they have renewed my contract 3 times without my CONCENT!!! what should i do? i said i will not be paying for the charge for breaking the contract becuase its their fault .
    Thanks Guys

WHAT HAS HAPPENED?

2 months ago i asked to change my package to a different one with tiscali they took to long and with past service from them i just wanted to cancel after all the hassle of waiting, i asked to cancel over email but on the 1st july i get a phone call asking if i wanted to change package, i said no it doesn't matter i want to change, so i got the number for the cancelation department and they said to me that my contract had been renewed,, i have not asked to be renewed and they should of rang me if i wanted to carry on with the service, i have worked out that they have renewed without concent 3 times! so i said i rang up to see why,, i got told to go to two different numbers and all of them said that they dont know what the problem was, so i got my mac address changed to 02 and i sent a email saying this _>>>>>>

After that i sent an email saying why i want to stop and what i will do!

Customer (Luke Wignall) 22/07/2008 04.12 PM
    Just Got my MAC address from you and i will be changing tommorrow, but i read this at the bottom of the email__>
    ((Please remember, your invoices are in arrears and you are liable to pay for the remainder of your service with Tiscali. Once your final balance has been collected we will automatically stop collecting payment via direct debit/credit card - please do not cancel your payment method with your bank.))

Just to let you know that any charges made except for this month will not be paid, due to 3 unauthorized renewals by you, if charges are made the matter WILL be going to OFCOM And/or ADR . This Is Your Fault, not mine, and giving me deals when i said i wanted to cancel on the phone is not acceptable.

I Will also give you some more points why i and many other people seem to get away from this ISP,,
    1) Very Low Costomer Statisfaction, Example, Phone, told to go to 3 different numbers to find out why you were renewing my package without ANY knowledge what so ever!

2) Slow Speeds, 4MB you Counter Said! Only 2.8MB really

3) Took For Ever For Me To Try And Change My Package But You Never Got Back To Me And You Only Seemed To Care When I Said I Wanted To Cancel

4) 3 Unauthorized Renewals From You,, The Package I Had Only Had A 12 Month Contract And You Never Rang, Emailed, Posted, Me Anything about renewal.

5) Too Much Misleading Information

Please do not concact me about this over the phone,, email the Reply to lukewignall@hotmail.com

Very Dissapointed, One Of The Worst ISP's Ever I Have Tried!

What should i DO!

THEN I GOT A REPLY

Dear Ms. Wignall,

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Technical Support.

I see that you have taken MAC from Tiscali and will be changing your ISP.

First of all, I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

However, about the speed, I have checked my records and found that your phone line supports only upto 3.5 Mbps Internet speed but you have not got the speed of upto 4Mbps.

I would like to inform you that the Internet speed will depend on the quality of your line and distance from exchange. Tiscali always try our best to provide the maximum possible speed to our customer, however factors like distance from your local exchange and line quality, affect our ability to provide you with a good quality broadband service.

However, I request you to let us know the speed you are experiencing so that I can forward it to the second level support with high priority and assure you that our engineers will solve the issue.

However, for any Billing queries, I request you to contact the Billing department as they are in a better position to help you.

You can contact Billing department at 08712223311, option 2 [calls charged at National Rate] (Lines are open from 8 am to midnight, 7 days a week).

For further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Tiscali Technical Support

WHY the hell should i sort it out by ringing a national rate number!

so i just said with another email sayingim going to be stopping payment on the 30th of July am i right doing that? what else shoulg i do i live in uk.

AND THE ISP IS KILL-----> TISCALI! <---DIE

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2008
  2. Lillith88

Lillith88 Regular member

Hi LukeWiggy,
    I don't have any specific's here but I'm wondering do you have an autopay plan setup with this company? Do they just automatically take $ each month for the payment? Maybe it's nothing but if you don't watch your itemized bill monthly they could just put whatever on there. Also, DEMAND to speak to somebody other than the person who answers the phone or if you can go in person to an office speak to a "higher up" and TELL them they are going to fix it or you will be forced to take action. DO NOT take "no" for any kind of answer and stand your ground! Unfortunantly in this day and age nobody wants to listen to the customer anymore. You will need to be firm and continue up the "chain" if necessary till you get what you want. If this is truely their mistake than you have every right to fight and even contact Better Business Bureau to fill out a complaint. Again, do not take NO for an answer. Good luck!

3. LukeWiggy

LukeWiggy Guest

sent complaint to ISPA, and soon to be OFCOM

need more help GUYS! (And Gurls)_