to back up an xbox game?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xxHAZExx, Sep 25, 2005.

1. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

ok cant i just put in the xbox game into my pc then burn it?
    that is ofcource if i have a dvd burner.

2. matt_1967

matt_1967 Guest

Hey xxHAZExx-
    If it were only that easy. There is no way getting around FTP'ing
    from your xbox to your computer.
    Sometimes Purple Haze can be too good for you. The tutorial at the heading of this forum explains everything that you need to do. There are no shortcuts. Maybe a nice sativa will motivate you.
    Couchlock really sucks.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just backing up what matt_1967 said.
    Need to FTP only way

4. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

1. FTP to D drive.
    2. Patch deafult.xbe file
    3. create xiso
    4. Burn to a DVD-R as an image file

5. xxHAZExx

xxHAZExx Guest

well most of the times i try to save games to my hd it says 112 erorr so how am i suppose to ftp from xbox hd to pc hd.

6. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

k well first u MUST be able to boot to some sort of dash then given the IP adress on the screen and xbox as user name and pass u must also have a network with a router to your PC and to the internet and another cabel to ur box or wirlessly. After that u get flashFXP and open it up type in the IP and user name and pass and get everything off the D drive and leaving a copy of the deafult.xbe file to patch. then...well i'll tell u when u get there.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@xxHAZExx

You need to have your Xbox either softmodded or hardmodded in order to FTP to your computer and to play backup games.

If it is modded then you need to FTP to your computer.

As to what aksupd93 said: [bold]u must also have a network with a router to your PC and to the internet and another cabel to ur box or wirlessly[/bold]

You dont have to have a network or connect it through a router and you dont need the internet to FTP to your Xbox.

You can use reguler networking cables if you FTP through a router.

If you go directly from your Xbox to your PC then you need a crossover cable.

Below is a link to a tutorial that help's with FTPing to your xbox.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/228294

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  8. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

well what i was trying to say is that if u are going to have a network with a router involoved then u might as well connect the modedm to the router as well so u can get ur box online too. Its easiest if u hook ur box up to an existing network that u have but if u don'thave one then a PC-PC crossover cable will work just fine. Infact u can get by to some extent without even FTPing at all. If u can burn everything properly to a disk and ur drive can read it then u can get everything need.

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@akspud93 How do you sugest he make a copy of the Xbox game without FTPing?

You need to FTP to make a copy of your Xbox games. No way around it.

If you have a magic way then clue us in. Cause giving a statment saying [bold]"Infact u can get by to some extent without even FTPing at all.[/bold]

That is totaly false and missleading to newbies. You have to FTP to your Xbox. The only way to play a Xbox game without FTP is to rip it to your hard drive and play the game from the hard drive. Which he wasnt asking about playing it off his hard drive he was asking about burrning a copy of it with his computer. Which you need to FTP the disc to your Computer and make an xISO to burn.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  10. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

i;m aftarid u are the one misunderstanding him. I talked indebth to purple haze and he wants to get his MS dash back but he can't FTP which i suggested he burn a boot disk of salyer. And i didn't mean u could get by burning game backups without FTPing that is nonsense. all he wants is to get his M$ dash back and be done with soft modding he wants to be able to play online which is why i was saying u can get by without FTP but it makes it more difficult!!

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well that is the problem with taking this into private chat where others cant get the information you have got in Private chat. His first post says

That is what was asked.

Nothing is said about him not having a dashboard and how to put 1 on the Xbox or get the MS dashboard back or even playing the backup games on Xbox live.

So how do you expect others to help and others to learn if half of the other post are in Private chat between you two?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  12. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Well i wasn't talking bout him burning games when i said FTP i was replying to him messaing me and i figured i would hlelp him out in that post. And yes you didn't know what we had discussed but for his problems i was responding thats why i said u were the one misunderstanding my response because u didn't know!

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

And I replyed next time keep it in the forum so others can benifit from his problems and solutions incase somone else comes along with the same problem.

It is kind of hard to give your experince and knowledge to help when half the conversation is between you 2 in private chat. How are others supost to benifit doing that?

14. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Thats why i was responding to him because i already knew what the deal was.....and plus why would i update his problem considering its his. If he needs help with something he and i discussed it his job to put it out there. I was just trying to respond to soemthing he had a problem with. But from now on so i don't get Sh** from anyone else i will say everything that happens.

15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@akspud93

I am not givin you SH*T I am just asking that next time keep it in open so that other people can benifit from the problem and the answer to the problem.

Just step back a second and read what was asked in open and read what you told him in open. I

f you where a newbie you would get the impresion in your statement that in a way you could get around backing up Xbox games without FTP to your Xbox.

Now I am done talking about this issue you can get upset or not but I hope you dont and please just take my advice and keep the post in open so others can benifit. Or if you do take it to Private keep it there so you dont come back in the open and answer question that where asked in private that others dont know about. It will only get people confused.

That goes to xxHAZExx as well.

16. punqewe

punqewe Active member

so if xxxhazexxx has been helped,can we just close this thread since most of it won't help anyone else?

17. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Actually form talking to him his problem is just begining he needs to make a slayer boot disk to be able to restore his M$ dash. He cannot FTP and he needs to know where he can find an autoinstaller for slayer and how to burn it to a disk. I think he created anohter thread somewhere and i don't think anyone has responded to it.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member