1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

torrent speeds

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Booga26, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

wont let me register is says that registrations are closed for the time being

2. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

how do u make a private connection any way??

3. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

what do you mean by private connection?

4. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

i meant private torrent

5. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

i have a serious problem now my download speed is at 5 kbs

6. bman7

bman7 Member

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  7. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

have a serious problem now my download speed is at 5 kbs help me out dvdback23, i also do not get how to find private torrents or how to use the private trackers

8. joe777

joe777 Member

Now I am by far not an expert buttttttttt!!!!!!!!!! and I do mean but go here and find your router and follow the tuts. Make sure that the ports you open in your router are the same ports that you choose to open in your bit torrent client.Peace and GET LUCKY http://portforward.com/routers.htm

9. DVDBack23

Joe, read the thread before posting. He does NOT have a router. AS for the private tracker, try uk-t.org, torrentleech.org, and torrentbytes.net are the only ones i know of. Ask someone for an invite.

10. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

how do i do tat they wont let me into the forum on torrentbytes to ask and do u no a website where i can check to see wat ports are opened

11. DVDBack23

google search sheilds up, never used it but heard good things.

12. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

The first half of this tutorial is intended to show you how to open ports on your PC. The second half will show you how to forward those ports to your router so that outside sources can access them.

Tutorial Created Using Windows XP Pro…If you’re not using this O/S your screenshots may look slightly different.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Part 1

Go to -> My Network Places -> View Network Connections
    *Now right click on the LAN Connection that provides your internet access and select Properties:

----------------------------------------------
    Click Advanced -> Settings

-------------------------------------------------
    Now click Advanced -> Highlight your internet Connection -> Click settings
    A window should open similar to the one below but would more than likely have existing ports open on your system listed.

--------------------------------------------------
    Click add and you will see this set settings windows appear

-----------------------------------------------------
    *Description of Service: Usually the program name (abbr.) and/or the port number being opened
    * Name or IP address: Just what is says. If you don’t know your PC’s name just put the IP address.
    Note: If you don’t have a Static IP address on your PC then everything you’re doing can and will be ineffective if and when your IP address changes. Set a Static IP for your system
    *External Port/Internal Port number for this service: Unless you know exactly what having two different ports here consist of, keep them the same.
    *TCP: TCP enables two hosts to establish a connection and exchange streams of data.
    *UDP: provides very few error recovery services, offering instead a direct way to send and receive datagram’s over an IP network.
    NOTE: Between TCP & UDP make sure you set the port for the type you need. If one port needs both types then you’ll have to the go through these settings twice.
    -------------------------------------------------------

Part 2

This section was will show you how to forward ports you’ve just opened to your router. Since I don’t own every router in existence, I’ll show you what it takes for the LinsysWireless Broadband Router to have ports forwarded to it. The concept is the same for all routers and once you familiarize yourself with the steps, you should be able to navigate through your router settings with ease.

First you need to access your router. Open Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1  Enter. A user name and password box should appear like the one below. The factory password for this router is “admin” (without the quotes), leave the user name blank. Some routers may be "admin" as the user name with the password area blank. Check the documentation that came with your router or refer yourself to the company website to figure out what this is for your router.
    NOTE: I highly recommend you changing that password from the factory setting ASAP if it still exists.

i just did all this but he never said does ur windows firewall have to be on in order for this all to work or should i turn it off

13. DVDBack23

You should not turn your only firewall off, just open the ports under the exceptions tab.

14. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

well i thought i had opened all the ports 10000-10004 up put its showing tat three of them are closed and the other 2 are in stealth mode. im stuck please show me how to get these opened.

o yah if it make any difference i got windows xp pro and yahoo sbc dsl and i have a 2wire 1000 hw router

15. DVDBack23

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  16. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

yah tats the whole problem i've already done all tat and it worked for bitlord(65535) but not for bitornado and comet 12242.

17. DVDBack23

So then use Bitlord. "If it aint broke dont fix it."

18. Booga26

Booga26 Guest

hey battlefield 2 just finished downloading and i extracted it wit winrar but i have no clue wat to do wit it now

19. DVDBack23

What is it, ISO, bin and cue?

How long did it take you, that game is possibly a 2 GB downlaod.

20. shawry25

shawry25 Member

hi can u help? im having trouble with my download speeds. am using bitcomet 0.59 and my speeds are between 1 & 10 Kbs. ive got 1Gb broadband. can anyone help?