1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TORRENTLEECH Frustration :(

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ps22man, Dec 29, 2005.

1. littleun

littleun Member

to phillipman if you can afford to make a donation then thats not to bad as long as you do make an effort to share as much back as you can.

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

allot of us VIP members are seeders, we just use the VIP so we dont have to cap download speeds to keep the ratio in balance. i can down at over 500 kB/s but only up at 50, without the VIP account i'd have to cap my download speed to 50 to keep any sort of decent ratio. for those who dont want to pay the membership all you have to do is cap your down speed to match your up and seed for at least a .6 or 3 days to prevent a hit and run, you can download samples from movies and seed them to keep your ratio up.

kc

3. littleun

littleun Member

kc i probably will donate and become a vip cos iv paid in the past to other sites n like iv mentioned b4 i think it helps to keep the site going, can i just ask y my downloads are freezing i never used to have this problem so y has it started doing it now?

4. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if your having download problems and there are seeders and lechers (yes you download from leaches too) then it's a problem on your end of the line or your ISP is blocking, allot of ISPs are starting to set up blocking software for P2P software.

if i have active torrents to download i usually get connected at 500+ kB/s, even connected to the uploader on a few minuet old torrent i get at least 150-200 till more people get on leaching, then it goes up.

kc

5. littleun

littleun Member

my isp is aol at the moment do u no whether or not they do have any blocking software in use n if so is there anything i can do. i actually go thru firefox as aol will not allow me on to most torrent sites.

6. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

goto http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and run the speed test from the server closest to your location, this will give you a breakdown of your down and up speeds as well as line connection speed. these download and upload speeds should be what your getting out of your torrent client.

kc

7. littleun

littleun Member

kc tryed what you said but all the tests were from america n im in the uk.

8. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

try a search for speed tests local to you, that same site used to support multiple countries not sure if they still do or not.

kc

9. littleun

littleun Member

kc done speed test n its basically telling me what i allready no (2meg connection,) im using bit tornado 4 my downloads & iv forwarded the ports required to supposibly make things run properly but im either getting very slow downloads or when i do get decent download speeds it freezes, im getting more n more frustrated n dont no what to do for the best.

10. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i use µtorrent myself and never have any problems, i tried several others with not so pleasing results.

kc

11. littleun

littleun Member

kc ok il give that a try n let you no whether i have any joy. thanks for taking time out to try n help me tho.

12. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

no problem, glad to help, hope it solves your speed issues.

kc

13. littleun

littleun Member

kc hi it does seem to be working better but my download speeds dont seem to be as quick as i think they shud be. if i run more than 1 at the same time its even worse.

14. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

sounding more and more like your PCs hardware. you may have something slowing your HDD access slowing down your ability to write to the drive, at the bottom of µtorrent to the left of 'network OK' do you get a 'disk overload' with a % ??

kc

15. littleun

littleun Member

kc hi again sorry its took me so long to get bk to u but iv been having connection problems, to the left of network ok its just comletely blank, i did a test n found out the port needed forwarding iv sorted that i think but my download speeds still sm rather slow.

16. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i can only venture to guess it's hardware related.

kc

17. littleun

littleun Member

kc what do u mean by hardware related router maybe or something else,

18. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

hardware are the components that make up your PC. after the information is given to your modem it has to go through a 'network' of components before it's finely written to your harddrive.

if your were getting the disk overload (you said your not) then it's an indication that your harddrive is not able to write as fast as your downloading.

other hardware could be the network adapter might not be 100 mB/s capable, your processor isn't able to process all the information as it's downed. while i don't think this could be your problem, a Cat5 E cable between the modem/router/Ethernet Port is what i recommend, do you have just a plain Cat5??

also you may be firewalled. under the control panel select windows firewall then exceptions and make sure your torrent client is checked as an exception.

also if your using µtorrent and it's a processor problem you can allow µ to use more processor power under the advance settings. net.low_cpu, change to false and give it a try.

kc

19. littleun

littleun Member

kc im using a netgear dg834g router which i was informd was a very good one im also running 2pc's off it, i cant quite get my head round it ,im also even having problems opening my emails which wr telling me youd got bk to me, wd you think it wd b advisable to contact my isp provider or not, im thinking maybe it could be something or nothing, iv altered what you said to false n il try it n if its still the same il revert it bk. ps thanks again for taking time out to try n help me, i do appreciate it.

20. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

i got lost in your short hand there..........you been hitting the bottle tonight???

i was able to make out your asking your ISP for help, but they aren't going to be much if any help most of the time. you said a speed test gave you what they say they provide and that is all they are going to do. as for the 2 PCs on the same router keep in mind that they are both sharing the up/down speed so take that into count if your not getting max, the second may be upping or downing at the same time. also if you max upload speed you'll choke out your download speed on most servers, keep your upload throttled to around 80% of max.

kc