1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TORRENTLEECH Frustration :(

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ps22man, Dec 29, 2005.

1. deep0r

deep0r Member

this thread is just about a joke. ill make it real simple for the kids out there. go to a public site or another private site you have a decent ratio with. download your file there, then go to TL and just seed. that way its all upload and 0 download. you can pull the minimum upload in less then a weeks time to rid yourself of that pesky timer ;)

2. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

the only joke i see is the post just made, you don't have to leach from one site and seed to TL to keep a ratio up,(and if you do you should be banned from the site your leaching from to start with) you can simply cap your download to match your upload.

thousands of TL members keep above a 1-1 ratio with no problems, the few exceptions throw the blame on anyone but themselves. saying there are no leaches when your trying to seed is a lame excuse, as of the time of this posting within the first 150 active torrents at TL there are only 4 over 100 mB with no leaches. if your seeding one of those files, post which one here and I'll leach it from you to help get your ratio up.

kc

3. littleun

littleun Member

kc sorry mate iv not been on the bottle, il have to stop moidering you and try to get things sorted for myself i see im even starting to annoy other users now (never mind)il start by sorting my download & upload speeds, il let you no how im going on cheers mate.

4. littleun

littleun Member

kc sorry mate iv read thru some of the help files,that also says kp your upload speeds at 80% of max, but i cant find how to do it were will i find it? iv also come to the conclusion the downloads are slow because its how many people your connected to gives you the download rates obviously being the more im connected to the quicker the download. cheers.

5. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

in Āµtorrent it's under network settings set the max global upload to XX kB/s

kc

6. littleun

littleun Member

kc mine says network options so iv set it at 500 kb/s putting xx in the box wont work only accepts numbers, you probably think im thick but im not sure if the 1 i have in the uk is the same as yours. cheers.

7. marty3700

marty3700 Member

Don't make a habit of this, but when you first join a site what you need to do is stealth download the file you need and then seed until as long as possible. Keep doing this with different torrents until you have no more delay. THEN DOWNLOAD THE RIGHT WAY... or at least upload upload until you reach 1.0

8. littleun

littleun Member

what does stealth download mean?

9. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

your torrent has your passkey assigned to it, your still credited for any up/down while stealthing it, it does nothing at all to help your ratio only bypasses a wait time/slot restriction.

kc

10. marty3700

marty3700 Member

"your torrent has your passkey assigned to it, your still credited for any up/down while stealthing it, it does nothing at all to help your ratio only bypasses a wait time/slot restriction."

Incorrect. I'm not talking about using a program like HideIP to disguise your IP address. I am talking about disconnecting from the tracker as soon as you connect so that you are still connected to the peers but the tracker is no longer being reported your upload/download data.

"What is stealth downloading"

http://www.lawstudentparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2722

this explains fully how to do it. Don't listen to what anyone says it is NOT detectable. I know this as I have been doing it for years but I still seed the torrent back to a 1.0 ratio when I am done. After I reconnect to the tracker of course. ;)

11. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

No hiding your IP has nothing at all to do with it, when you sign into a site and download a torrent file it has your passkey assigned to it (look at the URL of your tracker, you'll see the passkey at the end of it) and it doesn't matter what IP your using, that file will be credited to your account when that torrent with your passkey is used to announce.

what you call 'stealthing' is simply making you DHT (trackerless) which is why premium sites require that DHT be disabled and do not allow clients that do not allow DHT disabeling. people who do not disable DHT are just killing their own ratio by letting scum leechers like yourself pull from them and their not getting credit for the uploading they did.

kc

12. marty3700

marty3700 Member

well whatever you say then. Even though I have indisputable evidence that it DOES work. That being that I have been using it for the past two years since ELitetorrents and have never noticed a drop in my ratio. I hate ppl like you, lying to the noobs so that they don't figure stuff out.

13. marty3700

marty3700 Member

"No hiding your IP has nothing at all to do with it, when you sign into a site and download a torrent file it has your passkey assigned to it (look at the URL of your tracker, you'll see the passkey at the end of it) and it doesn't matter what IP your using, that file will be credited to your account when that torrent with your passkey is used to announce."

The file may be credited to your account but it will look as though someone started downloading the file and changed their mind when the download began (happens all the time when ppl see they are getting slow speeds) and then cancelled the download. They do not ding you for the whole file just because you started downloading it. They only take away from your ratio the data that is actually downloaded and reported back to the tracker.

That aside, I do not condone leeching, I said that anyone should still seed after getting the file. It is just a good way to get started up in torrent sites to get past the delay phase.

14. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

you show just how little you really know, maybe you should try to leech a few brain cells somewhere and please point out where i lied to anyone.......i can certainly point out where you did. just because you don't know the proper terminology for what your talking about you wanna call someone a lier.....trying to make yourself look like more the then scum leecher you are? or is it trying to compensate for something else your missing that you cant leech?

kc

[bold]EDIT[/bold]

that is such BS, the only way to get past the delay is to upload XXX gig and have a >X.XX ratio. DHTing doenst add to your uploaded ratio.... the ONLY reason to DHT is because your a sorry ass scum leecher, and you can't deny that.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2006
  15. marty3700

marty3700 Member

"the ONLY reason to DHT is because your a sorry ass scum leecher, and you can't deny that."

Correct me if I am wrong, but are we not all leeching off Hollywood? Taking without giving anything that is...

"that is such BS, the only way to get past the delay is to upload XXX gig and have a >X.XX ratio."

Agreed.

1. Download big file from tracker using stealth method.
    2. When file is complete your ratio will be at 0.00 still.
    3. Reconnnect to the tracker and start seeding the file you just downloaded doing the normal 'non stealth' way.
    4. Your upload stats will start to increase and hence your ratio.

But... if you're a senior member and you didn't know about any of this then you have no right questioning my intelligence and maybe you should go leech some brain cells yourself.

16. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

your intelligence is proved by your posting even a newbie can see that. your one of those leechers who never gives back and it's people like you who made/make public trackers so useless. i see no reason to waste any more time on you. goodbye.

kc

17. marty3700

marty3700 Member

Jeez, I don't know why you have to cry like that.

Regardless of whether you use the stealth method or not you are STILL GOING TO HAVE TO UPLOAD at one point so you can get past the delays. As long as your are uploading your fair share (to a ratio of 1.0) on every file, I don't really care if people use the stealth method or not.

18. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

Need to vent a little about Tl for a moment so bear with me...

WTFFFF. I seed a f**cking movie for 24 hours and then i still get a 4-week, yes 4-week, warning for not seeding to a .6. They have got to be fu**ing kidding... and im a damn power user, im thinking of actually upgrading to VIP so i dont have to worry about this type of shit...

*rant over*

19. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

it's a 0.6 or three days to prevent a H&R whichever comes first. you can also seed to a 1-1 and pm the mod who gave you the warning and it will often get dropped.

kc

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  20. paul1085

paul1085 Regular member

Marty3700 it's people like you that will be the DESTRUCTION of torrents if you CAN'T share or have to TRICK your share ratio then its better that you stick to a nice slow program like emule!

I mean friggin hell honest pepes have to stick with all the constant uploading even if you've already burnt and played as that is what torrents is all about.

Next time you really want a program but you can't get a decent d/l speed as theres 6 seeders and 400 leechers on every friggin tracker then you might look at it at a different perspective!

People like you aint never gonna change but don't encourage others newbs (such as yourself) to do the same!

Enough said!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2006