1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TORRENTLEECH Frustration :(

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ps22man, Dec 29, 2005.

1. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

KC,

Thanks for the advice, i will PM the mod, but this has never worked for me in the past. And to the aD mods, sorry for the cursing, just needed to vent ;)

2. littleun

littleun Member

kc sorry to see iv caused a bit of a stink but i didnt mean for that to happen, i am a vip member of tl, because like iv mentioned before i believe theres no harm in paying for the quality of material you get from there, & i like to think im helping in keeping the site alive,i do still seed a big percentage back and i will continue to do so, i was just wondering why i seemed to have slow download speeds and was this due to ratio levels or wholly down to who your connected to?

3. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

most of the problems with slow downloads are the peers your connected to not uploading at a high rate. but can also be due to the settings you have for downloading. things such as global connections, slots per torrent and number of active torrents need to be adjusted to your hardware and ISP speeds.

also keep in mind that if you are one of the leechers with a higher percentage of the completed file then the rest of the pack your speed will be somewhat slower then they are because they have more people to leech from and your only leeching from complete seeds. this is why superseeding is important on new torrents if the uploader doesn't have a high upload speed, and then as more seeds are in the swarm swap to normal seeding.

DVDBack23

don't take this the wrong way but..a hit and run warning is nobody's fault but your own, if you cant stay connected after the torrent is completed then cap your download speed to keep the ratio in check and when your finished with the file you'll already be at or near a 1-1 also I've yet to see a moderator who wouldn't remove a H&R warning for someone who corrected the issue AND had a respectful overall ratio (and is not repeat offenders). all your asked to do is seed to a 0.6 or three days. if your upload speed is lacking and thats to difficult to do then become a VIP and as long as you keep your comments in line you'll never get a warning again.

kc

4. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

I understand what your saying, but cmon, i had uploaded a .5 over a 25 hour period, and they came after me for that stupid sh*t. I have a 1.1 with over 250 GB uploaded, i know what a hit and run is, and that is definetely not one for them to come after someone at, how about the people with .6 OVERALL ratios, that ive seen that dont even have warnings. BTW, i pm'ed the mod and he basically laughed and said if i kept doing it "would be bye bye real quick"...

5. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

if that was an average DVD-R movie that gives you an upload speed of around 25 kB/s (and would of only took another 5 hours to prevent the H&R), you could of capped your down speed at 25 and after 2 days you would of had a 1-1 and a new movie. or become a VIP, that'll take care of the warning and prevent further ones.

keep in mind the mod's aren't looking at what you do overall it was that particular torrent, you disconnected from it after you finished downloading or very shortly after you finished, this is a H&R no way around that. if you do have a 1-1 w/ 250+ Gig uploaded i can't see why the mod in question responded the way they did.

kc

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  6. mezzy

mezzy Member

i had the same problem seeding so what i done was downloaded the same torrent from a non private tracker and seeded it when done know i have a ration of 40.81 know i can start downloading torrents from torrenleech.org and seed the one i downloaded from them

7. KC36330

KC36330 Regular member

a 40.81 isn't very significant with less then a gig downloaded (i checked the list, your not on it). I've got ratios over a million to one on a couple sites but thats only because I've downloaded a few kB and upped a few gig, if i downloaded at a 1-1 rate that ratio would VERY quickly drop to a 1.00

kc

8. littleun

littleun Member

kc thanks mate for all your time for helpin me i think iv got the gist of things now.

9. m16craze

m16craze Member

Is anyone else having trouble signing on to TL. If not please contact me! m16craze@gmail.com Thanks

10. grilleren

grilleren Member

this is the most useless thread ! mods please delete it and ban the user that tells how to cheat on private trackers

11. mrkhbbs

mrkhbbs Guest

i think torrentleech is down at the moment

12. marty3700

marty3700 Member

"this is the most useless thread ! mods please delete it and ban the user that tells how to cheat on private trackers"

STFU you little puppy.

99% of people know how to do it anyways, its whether you decide to use it or not.