Toshiba SD-1800 wont play DVD/R

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by JonnyKash, Aug 20, 2005.

1. JonnyKash

JonnyKash Guest

I use Clone DVD to backup all of my DVD's with the menu's and everything. The program and burning goes fine but when i try to play it on my Toshiba DVD player it says "Please Check Disc". So then i tried to play the same DVD on my DVD player on my computer (Note: not the burner) and it played the movie perfectly. Is it something with the program I am using to burn it? The DVD player? or the media type?
    And what do you recomend to do first to fix the problem?

Please try to help me with the question and ill get back to you
    Thank
    JonnyKash

2. JVC

JVC Active member

If your burner has the ability to bitset (booktype) a +R disc, booktype them to burn as a DVD-Rom. Then they will play in almost anything.
    Good luck!

3. JonnyKash

JonnyKash Guest

How do you set it to biteset?
    I bought a Verbatim (datalifeplus) DVD-R- and im gonna try that.. ill up date this to let you know how it goes with this media.
    thx

4. JonnyKash

JonnyKash Guest

The Verbatim-R did not work either!

5. CSimms

CSimms Guest

I have a Toshiba SD-2800 DVD player and it is a bit finicky on startup of DVD-R discs. It sometimes takes up to 3 ejects and reloads to finally read the DVD-R discs. I can usually tell when it will actually read the disc okay by listening to the dvd player... usually runs quitely rather than making scratchy/squealing noises on trying to read the disc. I usually eject and reload the disc before the dvd player errors out. Once the player identifies the disc, then video playback is absolutely flawless. I use Verbatim DVD-Rs (MCC01RG20 and MCC03RG20).

I've used Ritek 4X DVD+RW (Ritek G04) with no problems whatsoever (i.e. no startup or playback problems). So, I can say that the DVD+RW discs are probably more compatible with my Toshiba SD-2800.

It is possible that the SD-1800 is totally incompatible with DVD-Rs. However, I thought I share my experiences with my Toshiba dvd player.

Lots of luck!

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

7. JonnyKash

JonnyKash Guest

Thanks for your help guys but i have found the solution.. it was the firmware on my DVD burner and now everything works on it