Toshiba SD-220E various problems!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Ronan73, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Ronan73

Ronan73 Member

I've got a Toshiba SD-220E recently and it was working fine initially but now a few problems have appeared.

The picture now displays a lot of ghosting, it appears a copy of the image is overlayed on top of the original but moved along the horizontal. This results in a flickering picture and many nasty artefacts on screen including green bands. I thought this might have be due to the video output being changed from RGB to S-Video but i can't check this as i am unable to select the Video Output option on the setup menu as this has disappeared!

I decided to try and see if i was getting the same artefacts with SVCDs but it will not recognize the format and finally when i play cd's they play perfectly but no menu is displayed!

Is the player knackered and due for the dump or has anyone any ideas how i can resurrect it? I've just bought a new TV to go with it and don't really want to be spending any more cash at the moment if i can help it! If anyone can help i'll be eternally grateful :)

2. Ronan73

Ronan73 Member

I should clarify that the set-up menu is still displayed but under the picture option it only displays the 'TV Shape' and 'PAL/Auto' options and does not show the 'Video out select' option'.