Toshiba SD-2650

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by mice, Aug 18, 2003.

1. mice

mice Member

Hey all, I recently got a Pioneer 105 for backing up my DVD collection (after changing from the LG 4020B). Only problem is, that my stand alone Toshiba SD-2650 struggles to play my DVD-R/RW discs. It chugs along and sometimes won't even load the disc.
    Is it possible to burn a firmware disc to put into the drive, or do something with it that will let me play DVD-R/RW properly?
    Thanks alot for any help =)

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. mice

mice Member

cheers, i've tried using princo, tevion and some kind with no writing on top. i can't tell if they're Riteks or not, cause I don't have ASPI installed to use ADVDInfo...(don't want to install it if i don't know how to do it properly!)
    =)

4. mice

mice Member

cheers, i've tried using princo, tevion and some kind with no writing on top. i can't tell if they're Riteks or not, cause I don't have ASPI installed to use ADVDInfo...(don't want to install it if i don't know how to do it properly!)
    =)

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You really should install the ASPIlayers as they are needed. Just install the batch file, instructions come with them when you download from this site.

As for media, try to get branded Riteks (Traxdata or something) adn avoid media that you dont know what it is.

6. mice

mice Member

yeah, I managed to get some of my questions answered from a thread I started a while ago. I installed the latest ASPI from adaptec (v 4.70 or something)
    and the thread you replied to (from me) about Imation DVD-R - well these discs seem to play very nicely in my SD-2650.
    I also e-mailed someone from Toshiba about the drive. The general consensus I got from them, was that the SD-2650 will play DVD-R, it just depends on how the disc is burned and the media you use.
    The Imation labelled CMC discs i've been using are turning out quite nicely, and with RecordNow Deluxe - I think I finally have a winning combination.
    Thanks for the input (again!) mate =)

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Thats great to hear. It nice to have people finally on their way to happy successful burning, i hope it continues for you :D