Toshiba SD 6100 Region Free Code please

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by uclmit, Sep 24, 2008.

1. uclmit

uclmit Member

I have recently purchased a new toshiba sd-6100 at best buy and was told "off the record" that I could find the code / process to unlock the region protection.

I have yet to find such information. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

2. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

3. uclmit

uclmit Member

Thanks. However unfortunately the site says "no region hack for this player. Post region code here".

Is this player too recent or of insufficient interest to attract a hack? Should I wait or just replace the player with an older one?

Thanks again.

4. 1bonehead

1bonehead Guest

Just maybe

5. LuckLuck

LuckLuck Member

I just bought a toshiba sd6100 and encountered the very same problem, and I luckily fixed it by accidently pressing and holding the "setup" button (at the bottom row of the Dvd remote) for 5 seconds, then I Press 1. And then I later on ended up discovering that in order to unclock the code of these dvd now aways, you need to press and hold "setup" for 5 seconds and then press one number between 0-9, then restare both the tv and dvd. Pretty much press and hold "setup" then "0" then restare both tv and dvd. then next time press 1, until you see the dvd playing. don't forget to eject the dvd each time you do those instruction.........Let me know if it works.

6. Eunen

Eunen Member

I tried doing what you suggested, but it's not working. Do you mind if I ask when do I do this? The setup for 5 seconds and then 1? Is it when you put in the DVD itself or before that? If it's when you put the DVD in, do you then take it out, turn off the DVD player and TV and then turn on again, then put the DVD in and then...it will play? Or do you have to press the 1 after you put it in until the movie plays?

7. LuckLuck

LuckLuck Member

I'll explain exactly what I did:First I put in the Dvdfilm and get the symbol "NO" on the dvd player, then while the dvd is still inside the dvdplayer(I didn't turn off anything), next I pressed and held the "setup" button about 3-5s (I'd recommend giving 2.5-3s according to my instinct) then I directly pressed and held "1" on the remote for 2 second. I then eject the dvdfilm. Next I restare the dvdplayer. then I put the dvdfilm back inside. and then I started to get sound but no image. next I turned off the dvd to unplug the component cords. then (while the dvd is still off with the dvdfilm inside)I pluged back the component cords and then I turned the dvdplayer back on, to press play. And if "1" doesn't work try "0", or try next "2", make sure as you are doing all those things, your remote is pointing towards the dvdplayer.... if it doesn't work not, I wish you my luck,..while I was trying all that, I told myself that I'd call the 1800 number of toshiba at the back of their dvdplayer near the serial number to ask them to help me or send me a replacement of the sd6100 that has already the region code unlocked, because here in the USA under the consumer protection Bill which many of those companies don't want people(consumers) to know their rights, it's law that every single techgadget or techproduct is warrantied for fullcover for a year, due to possible fraud and deception such as this entire thing, because the toshiba sd6100 is suppose to be region free. And not many people know that...one could take them to court for fraud or deception in the product...I am truly serious. call that 1800# of toshiba, and let them know that it hasn't been over a year yet, and let them know what you know of the law...Cauz that's how I've gotten many of electronics replaced by the manufacturer companies themself (sony,phillips)for better ones...I myself I going to call toshiba too on monday,then we will share what they response would be...! here is the link to that has the number http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/customersupport/contact.asp

8. LuckLuck

LuckLuck Member

I'll explain exactly what I did:First I put in the Dvdfilm and get the symbol "NO" on the dvd player, then while the dvd is still inside the dvdplayer(I didn't turn off anything), next I pressed and held the "setup" button about 3-5s (I'd recommend giving 2.5-3s according to my instinct) then I directly pressed and held "1" on the remote for 2 second. I then eject the dvdfilm. Next I restare the dvdplayer. then I put the dvdfilm back inside. and then I started to get sound but no image. next I turned off the dvd to unplug the component cords. then (while the dvd is still off with the dvdfilm inside)I pluged back the component cords and then I turned the dvdplayer back on, to press play. And if "1" doesn't work try "0", or try next "2", make sure as you are doing all those things, your remote is pointing towards the dvdplayer.... if it doesn't work not, I wish you my luck,..while I was trying all that, I told myself that I'd call the 1800 number of toshiba at the back of their dvdplayer near the serial number to ask them to help me or send me a replacement of the sd6100 that has already the region code unlocked, because here in the USA under the consumer protection Bill which many of those companies don't want people(consumers) to know their rights, it's law that every single techgadget or techproduct is warrantied for fullcover for a year, due to possible fraud and deception such as this entire thing, because the toshiba sd6100 is suppose to be region free. And not many people know that...one could take them to court for fraud or deception in the product...I am truly serious. call that 1800# of toshiba, and let them know that it hasn't been over a year yet, and let them know what you know of the law...Cauz that's how I've gotten many of electronics replaced by the manufacturer companies themself (sony,phillips)for better ones...I myself am going to call toshiba too on monday,then we will share what they response would be...! here is the link to that has the number http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/customersupport/contact.asp

9. uclmit

uclmit Member

Luckluck we do appreciate your input. However please be aware that region codes exist as protectionist measures that equipment manufacturers must abide to. Indeed they leak the region code cracks onto the market so that their product is better accepted (i.e. next time I buy a player I will first look online and see if there is indeed a crack ready to use). However, unless the region cracking (otherwise known as multi region) is part of the original product spec (which in this case it isn't) the manufacturer is not obliged to send you a new player, as it is functioning exactly as it is meant to (i.e. prevent you from using multiple regions). If however one buys a player through a 3rd party that cracks players for a living (most likely an online seller) then you may want to take your issue up with him, but not the manufacturer. Thus Eunen, don't lose your time contacting directly the manufacturer.

Finally, as for "I'd recommend giving 2.5-3s according to my instinct", normally one finds recipes (procedural steps) that can be followed in order to crack devices. There isn't any "instinct involved".

Ultimately, I find it unfortunate that in just one thread there are two posts (let us not forget 1bonehead answering "just maybe" earlier) that don't add any value whatsoever to the thread.

Eunen, if I find a way of resolving the problem I will let you know...