total n00b put n64,psx,snes,nes,sega,etc roms on the xbox w/o ftp'ing

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by yt72, Mar 24, 2006.

1. yt72

yt72 Guest

okay most of you will probably know this but some will not i wanna help out other people because i have been helped out there times many many
    find a file manager there is one in the xbox midia center at the bottom youll see it if you dont have that then try out your auto installer and if you dont have that then get that and save it to your HD you can find it evry where auto installer that installs evry thing in your xbox and it comes with video game trainers (the mod chip game shark) if you dident use auto installer or your getting a chip get auto it is easy and if you dont know what your xbox is capable of then youll miss out get it so now if you still havent found a file manager i dont know what to tell you so yeah so what the file manager does is you can go through you xbox finding games saving things to the difrent parlemineters (f drive c drive) etc. so now you have you file manager opend up first i hope you have saved your emulators to your biggest parliminiter mine is f drive because n64 games and psx and GBA games are big and you wont fit the who library on a 3.2 gb drive so install your emulators into your biggest parliminiter and quick note save your game trainers on the same drive that you save your games to your hard drive or your trainers wont work
    so first what so you have your roms that you get off the internet first burn them on what ever you want when you have them on a cd put the cd in depending on what roms you have you have to put them to a emulator lets talk about n64 (surreal 64) thats what emulator i use so put the cd in get to your file manager go to your d drive (disk drive)in the left side of the screen open up D there should be your roms now switch to the right side using right trigger or the d pad depending on what you use now i dont know where you put your emulators but there going to be in a drive if you have them on your box so your going through your hd finding them youll find them so where talking about n64 roms so we will go to surreal 64 emulator but if you have nes roms then youed go to fce and sega would go to the neogenissis i think but you have to find out your self what emulators are for what so we are in the surreal folder find the n64 roms list in the surreal 64 list it should be somthing like that or roms or games open that folder it should be blank if you have no games in it but if you do then you should see them so go back to the left side of the screen to your roms now press a cople of diffrent buttons to see which button is your menu system i think for the xbmc file manager its the black button now if on the cd you have just straight roms for the emulator then in the menu system press select all but if you have a number of diffrent roms like a cople of psx a cople of nes then youll have to seperate them manully so then i would highlite all the n64 games press a cople of buttons till you know what button dose what so you have them all highlited then go back to your menu system and make shure you have on the opposite side of the screen that will be the desagnated emulator in the rom file because your going to save the roms into that file so go to copy and it will copy it may take some time but if you did it right then all you have to do is go to the emulator and play the rom.... the one thing that i cant find out to do is get into the ms dashboard to copy my burnt music selection so that i can hear all the burnt musick while im playing my games like nhl 2k6 but if you know how let me know i dont think you can ive cheacked all the files and all i got was bum kiss

2. theridges

theridges Guest

very easy process mod your xbox if it isnt already burn a DVD with the emulator and roms in it......if you dont have the Auto installer Deluxe 3 disc go download it and put the application "dvd2xbox" on your xbox.put the dvd you burned with the roms on it and open up dvd to xbox which is in your application folder.and copy the dvd to the xbox....it will go in your games on your xbox dashboard there u go no ftp......

3. yt72

yt72 Guest

yeah thats for xbox games man im talking about roms you can copy the roms from dvd2xbox but you have to put the roms in the emulator through a file manager

4. theridges

theridges Guest

look make a dvd thats bootable with the roms in it.....so turn the surreal 64 or any other folder into an Xiso and Burn it then copy it to your Xbox with DVD2Xbox.Trust me its possible i did it....i go to games it shows Surreal 64 it load it like a normal game and it loads up....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  5. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Is this supposed to be a guide to doing this without FTP? Damn, dude, spell check is in order. And add some punctuation!

6. steimy

steimy Active member

there are much, much easier ways. Like the mentioned auto installer.
    Most auto installers i have seen have all the roms & emulators you could need. you just burn a DVD of the auto installer an run it in the Xbox and install what you want.

Or you can go to a torrent site and get the BAED discs, which i think there are 3 different one's (Big A$$ Emulator Disc)
    each one has a bunch of emulators and roms, about 3.5GB of them which is A LOT of games. Then you can play them from the disc you burn, or install them on the Xbox HDD

Last edited: Mar 28, 2006
  7. yt72

yt72 Guest

well im sorry im trying to help people that dont know how to do this but i took some time to wright that and to help but since we have people that know evrything then why would we have fourms asking questions???