1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tough Decision

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Xplorer4, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Xplorer4

Xplorer4 Active member

OK so I pretty much need to build from scratch on a $300 budget. I replaced my psu months ago(Corsair 550w 80+ gold) and a few months later I suspected my cpu (Core i7 2600k) died based on the boot code displayed on the mobo. Bought a new Core i5 3470 of Amazon but the boot code persisted so surely it's the motherboard (GA-Z77X-UD3H). I need a new monitor(24 inch curved preferred) and new case for my hdds (4x3.5) and ssd(2.5 or 3.5 with adapter). And my gpu which is a MSI R7770. Any advice would be appreciated.

Edit: mostly going to be used as a media server and some programming. Any gaming would be so light the on board gpu could probably handle it tbh.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  2. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

That is a tough decision. One of the major computer magazines built a new rig for $350 a few months ago. However, the mobo only has a AM4 CPU slot and you already have an Intel CPU. The case they used was a Corsair Spec-05. You would have to check it to see if it can handle all the drives. They also used a Ryzen 3 2200G. There are just so many options out there that, it's tough to answer your question.

Xplorer4 likes this.