Transfering PSX Game saves to the XBOX to play on pcsxbox HELP!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Mike581, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

well.. my problem is..

i have ftp'd resident evil directors cut for The psx to my xbox and it works fine using the PCSXBOX emu. but i downloaded a game save for it, i ftp'd it and put it into the pcsxbox game saves folder, but wen i clcik load game on resi evil it doesnt seem to find any save :( any help greately appreciated.

Mike

note - have tired both pal and ntsx saves , so the region is not the fault!

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yep, I have been wondering this also. I have a friend who has exactly the same problem :p

A little help please, c'mon all you guys that lurk around the Xbox forums
    give us a little help ;)

-Mike

ps. Nice name Mike :p

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I've never actually tried that....might be something to check out sometime. Also the first res evil was the ONLY reason I put the emu in my box to begin with....gotta love thos horror games. LOL

4. jkl

jkl Regular member

hmm.. try going to the E/SAVES/ (using flash fxp) click on the folder pcsxbox (or whatever emu your using) scroll down a bit till you see something like memcard1.mcd put you save in there then when you go to load your game press x and make sure your using the memory card that you chose. then start you game it should work... tell me if it doesn't.

PS do you know where i could download the bin and cue files for playstation.

5. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

I've tried that folder before to pasthe the saves but I noticed the saves were in a differenty format from that when I saved the game. Do you know how to convert the format of the saves. Or do you know any sites where I can download the saves.

As for the bin/cue's look at - http://www.underground-gamer.com

You help me, I'll help you ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  6. jkl

jkl Regular member

hey thanks for the link. i got a torrent file off there but how do i make this a bin/cue files. i need this so i can hopefully figure out your game save problem... as for where to get the gamesaves i don't know yet but i will be looking for that...did you google it?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  7. jkl

jkl Regular member

hey forget my last post i figured out how to use the torrents. i will be back on tommorrow to tell you what i can about the game save.

since you helped me, i will solve your problem ;)
    try using the memory card no 10 or the game specific memory card on your pcsxbox. i remeber hhearing that somewhere...tell me if it works or not.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2006
  8. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

sorry i was away for a few days i am back now, yeh torrents are simple enough, but i can lend you a few tricks bout getn better speeds;) as for the no10, hmm, i dunno if it would work, but all i know is that the resident evil 2 save i made was in a .key i think, and the resident evil 1 save i put on via ftp was different, so ill give it a go, please if you can find out more ill be grateful and give u some stuff that make downloading via bittrorrent even more great :D

9. jkl

jkl Regular member

dont worry man, i haven't figured out much. im trying to figure out how to do thie game save deal. though im probably going to be busy for a while. i have an electronics project that im working on...actually i still have to come up with one and turn in the shematic(?) tomorrow. also i am very interested in hearing how to make my torrent speed a lot faster. also there is a person out there who knows how to save the gamesaves you might get some help from him/her the forum name is trance3303 though he/she doesn't use this forum also if you could tell me how if you find out i would greatly appreciate it.

i tried looking the the tdata and udata areas of my xbox for a folder to put the save in but couldn't find any. i also know someone i will call tomorrow about this he is VERY good with computers...

till i have some more time, jkl

10. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Ok, thanks jkl.

-Mike

11. webmaster

webmaster Guest

[banned for advertising]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2006
  12. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

What the hell? Stop advertising eh? We are not talking about making backups!

-Mike

13. jkl

jkl Regular member

hmmm... you know i saw that on the post link at the bottom of your last poast you told people to go to publec torrents...yet you gave e a link to a registered torrent place. but dont worry i am a man (teen) of my word and i will continue to help you out though it may take awhile before i can do more. i tried to get ahold of my friend but he has gone to mitchell to put his hand on a car to win it (hopefully).
    till i hear from you again; jkl

Last edited: Mar 24, 2006
  14. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

Hey sorry had a bad problem with my pc, hardrive died but was revieved :D anyways thanks for the help ill try out what you've told me and let u know,

as for faster torrent speeds, first one your client, open prefrences, look for something that says port number or something like that, and change the port to, 16881, thats what i use, and it might help if you forward the port in ur firewall, if u need to know that kinda stuff u shud ask mike, and after that, download Sv2 patch i think, ill find the link soon lol anyway just google it, once downloaded , open up, and it will ask u if u want to change outgoing limit connections or something , click yes and change it to fifty, now depending on ur broadband speed, you will get your maximum, ALSO VERY IMPORTANT - LIMIT YOUR OPLOAD LIMIT TO 24 IN THE PREFENCE MENU ON YOUR CLIENT!!!

15. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Yeah, that's more or less it for speeds. It's a bit more diffcult if you're behind a router or firewall, then you have to forward ports. You can get great info about this at - http://www.portforward.com

And the SP2 patch is called lvlord patch, you should be able to find it easily.

-Mike

16. jkl

jkl Regular member

thanks. by the way nice one liner. (in your profile.)(just in case you where wondering "what one liner".

17. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Lol, thanks.

-Mike

18. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

righty i need to know is there anyone weho knows how to ftp psx game saves in correct format to load on the pcsxbox emu ?

19. jkl

jkl Regular member

yeah so does everone else on this thread...where you at? you sound english or something there abouts

20. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

scotland lol i know i started the thread and people are goin out bout alot of shyt and i really wanna know lol