Trouble Loading Burnout 3

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Ender03, May 21, 2005.

1. Ender03

Ender03 Member

I've installed the Xenium Ice chip on my Xbox and I've been ripping games onto my hard drive with great success up til this point. I am running Avalaunch off of Evox and using DVD2XBOX for making disk images. I have 30 games on my hard drive that are working just fine, but I can't get Burnout 3 to load properly. I have copied the image of the game onto my HD and it is launching from the "games" menu, but the "Loading" screen freezes at about 60%. I am also having trouble when trying to play it from disk. The disk itself will only load to about 80%. Does anybody have any wisdom to share here?

2. bennyd

bennyd Member

There must be something wrong with the disc...Get a new one if you can...

3. Ender03

Ender03 Member

That's what I thought at first too, but the disk works fine on non-mod boxes, and I got a new one from blockbuster with similar results. Still no success.

4. bennyd

bennyd Member

Mabie there is something wrong with the chip or the bios you are using. Im not saying there is but thats all i can think of since it works fine with none modded boxes. Did you try turning ur chip off and playing it?

5. Clown-NL

Clown-NL Member

How do ya turn off your chip..
    I can turn off my chip, when i put the xbox on with the eject button, but then the xbox only reads original disc's

6. Ender03

Ender03 Member

Yes, that is a good way to bypass the chip and all of it's bioses, OSs,dashboards, etc. I found that clearing the cache with "File Manager" on Avalaunch worked exceptionally well for getting Burnout 3 to run. The load screens are now very quick and I've had no problems with the game since (except that I am not very good at racing games). If anyone has any more questions about this subject, feel free to post them, I'd be happy to clarify.

P.S. - If you're uncomfortable with deleting things from your harddrive, then you can try moving the contents of your "Cache" folder to another folder called "Backup Cache" or whatever you want to call it. That way, you can see that this works without risking doing something catastrophic to all of your game saves.