Trying to burn xbox game with no sucsess

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by novice05, Jul 29, 2005.

1. novice05

novice05 Member

Hi im new to the world of "back up" exbox games and trying to burn them myself. I'll gave you a little back ground info

I have a modded xbox (evox)
    and i know it playes copys coz i have several that i have been buying of someone (they wont help me)

I am using RIDISC 8x DVD-R 4.7GB disks amd trying to burn halo 2 with DVD DECRYPTER

I select iso from mode and select write

then i browse my pc and select the halo 2 iso file but it says ivalid or unsupported image format??????

what am i doing wrong do i need to do something with the file?

I downloaded the file from e-mule and it is on my system as an iso file so im starting to get a bit stuck.

I have tried to burn the file with nero but my xbox isn't recognising the disk (im burning it as a DVD image file with nero)

HELP HELP HELP HELP please!

2. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

FTP the game to your PC and then follow the (teamxecuter.com) tutorial on backing up games using NERO. It's a Foolproof method as long as you follow the steps precisely.

3. novice05

novice05 Member

"I am using RIDISC 8x DVD-R 4.7GB disks amd trying to burn halo 2 with DVD Decrypter

I select iso from mode and select write

then i browse my pc and select the halo 2 iso file but it says ivalid or unsupported image format?????? "

THIS IS REALLY MY MAIN QUESTION I DONT NEED TO FTP IN TO MY XBOX BECAUSE THE GAME IS ALLREADY ON MY PC I DOWNLOADED IT FROM EMULE. IT IS AN ISO FILE BUT AGAIN ON DVD DECRYPTER IT SAYS THAT IT IS AN INVALID OR UN SUPPORTED FORMAT? ANY IDEAS?

THANKS GUYS

4. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

Well from what I know, XBOX game ISO's are not the same as regular ISO's for your PC. They are xISO. The data is burned from the outside layer first. This is because the XBOX optical drive reads XBOX games from the outside of the DVD toward the middle (security measure). I'm not familiar with using DVD Decrypter, but it sounds like it is trying to read it as an xISO, thus it doesn't recognize the format. The way I burn my xbox games is:

1.) I create the ISO with Craxtion. http://craxtion.xbox-scene.com/download.html (Try extracting and recreating the ISO with Craxtion)
    2.) Then after the ISO is created, I just use NERO to burn the ISO onto DVD.
    3.) Viola! Should work.

I never download my XBOX games from eMule or BitTorrent anymore because they tend to be corrupted (which may be the case for you). I download them from newsgroups (alt.binaries.cd.images.xbox). They usually come with PAR2 files which does a parity check and fixes corrupted game files. Hope this was helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    "Ignorance is bliss..."
    -Kaye-

Last edited: Jul 29, 2005
  5. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    Try opening up the iso with isobuster and see if anythings there, IT SHOULDNT SHOW ANYTHING, there should also be a windows flag beside the iso in the right hand screen, if not the file is corrupted, try getting it from bit torrent

6. novice05

novice05 Member

so do i burn it with nero by clicking on create an iso dvd? because when i do this it says that the file is too big and that i need to burn it as a UDF file?

7. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

is it a ISO file or just a bunch of folders? if its folder turn it into a ISO with Craxtion 4.0 <google it> itl pop u clikc create iso

8. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

Well if you can, extract the files from the ISO you downloaded, and save them into a folder. Then use Craxtion to create a new ISO. After, use NERO to burn the new ISO you made. I posted the website to download Craxtion in my previous post on top.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2005
  9. Magri101

Magri101 Regular member

Hey, i have expirence burning games b4 but not with using bit torrent . Im trying to download Def Jam fight for ny but once its downloaded theres all these fills like compressed win sky-def01.r00.bc! when ussally when I Burn games they have files like .xbe n and stuff like that .... i need help Badddddddly

Last edited: Aug 1, 2005
  10. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

RAR files are like ZIP files. You need to decompress them with WinRAR. You can download it at http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm . After you "Unrar" the RAR files, it is usually in the form of 1 ISO file. You can burn that image straight onto a DVD or use Craxtion to extract the ISO into the regular xbox files your used to (i.e. xbe, etc).

11. Magri101

Magri101 Regular member

what do u mean decompress ... i went on the site n there was only winrar downloads

12. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

1.) Download the WinRAR program.
    2.) Install WinRAR.
    3.) Open the *.rar file with WinRAR.
    4.) Extract to a folder.
    5.) Viola! Files are in the folder you extracted to.

RAR files are compressed files just like ZIP files. The difference between a RAR and ZIP file is that when you have a large amount of files you want to compress, let's say a 2GB file, instead of compressing it into one zip file, RAR allows you to compress it into smaller sections(i.e. rar, r01, r02, etc). These RAR files are linked to one another such that when you extract the .rar file, it will automatically look at all the .r01, .r02, .r03... and extract them all just like it was one big ZIP file. This makes it easier to transfer big programs as smaller files. Becareful not to have a missing .r## file or else it wont be able to extract it all.

13. Magri101

Magri101 Regular member

but when i extract the file all it says is def jam fight for ny.iso

14. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

The ISO file is the CD Image. You can burn the CD Image using NERO or other burning programs. Or if you want to extract the ISO, use Craxtion (The link to download is near the top of this thread in my previous post).

15. Magri101

Magri101 Regular member

do u know ne bit torrent programs that work fast ? ??

16. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

I usually use BitComet v0.59. It can be downloaded here http://www.bitcomet.com/doc/download.htm . It downloads pretty fast depending on how many Seeders there are. Also allows you to resume torrents not finished downloading, and also allows you to pick which files you want to download. Enjoy!

17. Magri101

Magri101 Regular member

CRAXTION DOSENT WORK ON MY COMPUTER I TRYED DOWNLOADING ALL THE OLDER VERISONS ... YES I HAVE QWIX BUT IM DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT ... DOES NE ONE NO ANY OTHER ISO TOOL I CAN DOWNLOAD ?? ?

18. Kaye006

Kaye006 Member

19. uronagain

uronagain Member

i read all the thread on how to burn xbox games but i am still not exactly sure wat programs i need to download. can someone help me out and tell me wat programs to download and the steps that i should do to burn an xbox game. thanx

20. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

novice05, the problem might be that halo 2 is a big game and is usually burnt on a dual layer disc unless you delete a bunch of unneeded files first. Sorry, but I can't remember what files need to be deleted...... Well, i can remember that you can get rid of all the language packs, and the multiplayer maps.....Provided you don't want to play multiplayer.