1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL - HDD ON SLIM PSTWO _ USB EXTREME/ USB ADVANCE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BenD188, Oct 29, 2005.

1. MasterChu

MasterChu Guest

edited by ddp due to stupidity

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2007
  2. SwordsG

SwordsG Regular member

ok great i got it to run with only 1 swap magic disk
    i go it to boot the action reply for a test (small use hd)
    great it worked be better when i do a real game
    but frist i need to by a bigger usb hd

it works with fat32 as well but as a small delay 1 to 10 mins in decting the usb hd
    any ways

could this do ps1 games?
    could this do emulators like pgen?

3. iamdark

iamdark Member

can i get a copy of USBExtreme or Swap Magic 3.6 or an Armax .. coz i can't use USBAdvance v1 .. only Blank Screen Appear After i click at the list of the Game.

mine is PS2 V10 - SCPH50004 - no ETH

4. HeXacTa

HeXacTa Member

Can this USB Extreme be used in SCPH-55006? or any other 'chubby' PS2?

5. goofster

goofster Guest

Can the older style ps2 be fitted with hd. I tried using the guide at top with no luck. Tried several games. USB Advance screen pops up hit x on game says loading and game never loads. Someone above said its slow so I waited and waited and waited ZZZZzzzzz.... no luck. Can someone please help?

6. rozaidi

rozaidi Guest

Maybe the game is not compatible. some of the game did not work. u can try hdloader if u have older version of ps2. hdloader is better than usb advance. if all the game didnt work, maybe it is becoz of the mod chip. this will happen if ur using fake matrix.

7. goofster

goofster Guest

where can i get this hdloader. download???

8. bigballz

bigballz Guest

I have a Question. Im a noob at this Do i need a external Harddrive I dont want to play games from a harddrive. Ok let me make this easier I have Nba2k7 and for the halftime shows they show video clips of highlights but you need a HD for ps2 to show those clips. I have a ps2slim the old ones not the new ones i wonder if its possible to use my cpu internal HD to make the halftime shows clips work.

9. rozaidi

rozaidi Guest

U can download hdloader on the net. just type hdloader at google hehehe. but u need 1 hdd and network card for ps2. thats all.

10. rozaidi

rozaidi Guest

"I have a Question. Im a noob at this Do i need a external Harddrive I dont want to play games from a harddrive. Ok let me make this easier I have Nba2k7 and for the halftime shows they show video clips of highlights but you need a HD for ps2 to show those clips. I have a ps2slim the old ones not the new ones i wonder if its possible to use my cpu internal HD to make the halftime shows clips work."

i dont know. i didnt play that game. can u upload backup copy for me to download.

11. goofster

goofster Guest

will hdloader work with slim ps2 and usb hdd?

12. NewbOne

NewbOne Member

It seems as if USBExtreme/Advance has a poor record of compatability, does anyone know if there's prospect for improved compatability in the future? Are there groups still working on updating the software, have they abandoned this pursuit altogether?

Regarding the throughput rate of USB 1.1, I realize it isn't sufficient to maintain smooth cinematics in-game for most PS2 games. What I'm wondering is whether it's enough to satisfy the actual requirements of the games themselves, do they chug, hang, or stutter because of the low throughput rate? I've heard of a few cases of hangs on these forums, but I take it from the lack of complaints here in this narrow area, that the USB bus is adequate for actual game playability (i.e. essentially no different from the DVD drive, except for potentially slightly longer load times between periods of play and of course the issue of cinematics mentioned earlier).

So basically two questions from me, to reiterate:
    1) Are there people/groups still working to improve on this PS2 USB backup game drive concept?
    2) For those PS2 games that are compatible, are they just as playabale in-game (ignoring cinematics and slightly longer loads times) through the USB bus as compared to the DVD drive?

Thanks.

13. rozaidi

rozaidi Guest

U need fat ps2 to use hdloader. and also network card. it will not work with usb. sorry.

14. BenD188

BenD188 Member

I did this months ago and got it working, but the compatibility was so low I just gave up. I would sugguest looking around for something different.

15. NewbOne

NewbOne Member

I also gave up on the slim PS2 and USB drive concept. Returned my slim, bought a refurbed fat PS2 online and brand new network adapter (seems Sony stopped selling these as well).

16. rozaidi

rozaidi Guest

yeah slim version suck. but it is good for travel with mini lcd screen.

17. lordrolee

lordrolee Member

Hi there!

I've tried this tut so 2-3 days ago, and i'm stuck.
    If i connect my usb case with maxtor 120gb, then the swap magic 3.6 plus displays just his splash screen and goes nowhere. If i start my ps2 without the usb case, then the swap magic loads up very well.
    I've burned usb advance to a cd, and swapped with swapmagic, the program started, the when i connect my usb case, the program works great.

What could be wrong? I mean could it be something wrong with my version of swapmagic?

i have slim ps2 v12 + swap magic 3.6 plus

18. andip70

andip70 Member

I still can't boot from USB Advance Disk that I was burn, and if I click in Boot Disc, Boot Disc can't access, can u gives me step by step how to burn Boot Disc in Nero ?
    Thankyou.

19. blairafon

blairafon Member

"Now put in the USB ADVANCE cd ( either using the modchip or booting up with swap magic v3.6)"

uuum stupid question... how do you boot up the usb advance cd using swap magic v3.6?

20. blairafon

blairafon Member

and another question just to be absolutely sure. i partitioned my usb hdd (drive F and H) F had a lot of very important info on it if i format drive H using USB EXTREME will the info on drive F remain intact and untouched?