1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL - HDD ON SLIM PSTWO _ USB EXTREME/ USB ADVANCE

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BenD188, Oct 29, 2005.

1. DrkSavior

DrkSavior Guest

easy/fast way to get usb advance working with swapmagic:

Rename the usbadvance elf as SWAPMAGIC.ELF (all caps) and stick it in your memcard in the folder SWAPMAGIC (also all caps). It'll autoboot to it.

There's multiple ways to get to the memcard. I boot from a cdr with ExecFTP and then from my PC I transfer from an FTP program.

2. ElXando

ElXando Regular member

Or simply use LaunchElf? (If you don't know what it is this page should help you.

3. jax52684

jax52684 Member

I will post Usb Advance Global War shortly, if it isnt against the rulles, I have noticed that this version of usb advanced does not give me problems when I try to load it from Ar max or with the launch elf cd. the only thing is i have only successfully load one game with it. And seriously attempted a second, havent tried a thrid game yet. but hopefully it will be of help

4. jax52684

jax52684 Member

http://www.filefactory.com/file/bbe1ad/ - USB Advance Global War Edition Elf File

Just pop in your AR Max, Run Media Player, Select this elf file and it should load with no problem.

I successfully ran Naruto Ultimate Ninja- Downloaded ISO.
    My backup cd i made of Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 2 did not boot, but the Download PAL version of it ran, but I couldnt see it much I have a NTSC system. I hope someone can help me out with how to make backups for USB Advance to load, because this game is scrathed to infinity and beyond lol, barely runs, I tried the other methods of making backups but no prevail.

Note: I have a Fat PS2, external usb 3.5 HD, using a generic memory stick(did not come with Armax) and Armax Evo

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  5. DrkSavior

DrkSavior Guest

My way is automated once its all done, for swapmagic users anyways

6. DrkSavior

DrkSavior Guest

7. benbroth

benbroth Member

do you need any specific type of swapmagic as thats all i need now, or can you do its job with max media player instead

8. kingen

kingen Member

hi you and i got simular problem my usb advance cd starts and after the boot of the logo (and in my case the "matrix infinity version") is shown the disk starts spinning faster and normaly thats when the games or whatever disk youve put in starts to play. ok, now nothing is happening the picture is black. yes! blacker then black itself. ive tryed waiting, rebooting, burning new discs, both cd and dvd to see if theres a differense but no better results, have you got this to work yet? -please tell me

9. germabud

germabud Guest

Is it posiible to run ps2 linux with ps2 slim usb hdd?did anyone try it?

10. yot

yot Member

would you kindly upload that file again and explain what is the difference between global war edition an "normal" edition

11. lolotje

lolotje Guest

Hi all,

i have been following al the steps to get the HDD activated,
    i have formated the HD with winhiip en putted it in a HDD case with usb . now i have burned the CD with USB ADVANCED . and it boots ; dan there comes a red background and it says please put in a PS ONE OR PS TWO disc and when i open the DVDROM tray its rebooting , i have swapmagic 3.6 Plus any help please i have been trying for several weeks

P.S sorry for my poor english im belgian .

greetz lolo

12. Waso

Waso Member

what type of external/usb hard drive do we use

13. fmalheiro

fmalheiro Member

Hi all,

I need help to get the hdadvance work with the PS2 model: SCPH-77004 (v. 15).

Wend I start the hdadvance with the swap magic 3.6 its hungup.

thx in advance

14. jimdil4st

jimdil4st Member

do these file HAVE TObe burned or a cd-r or will a dvd_r work too.PLZ HALP!!

15. EvilCrow

EvilCrow Member

I have the same model and been trying to do the same for days but it was all for nothing after i found this.

IMPORTANT: HDAdvance is NOT compatible with the following Japanese PS2 models: SCPH 10000, SCPH 15000, SCPH 18000 and SCPH-7XXXX PSTwo slim series.

from hdadvance site http://www.hdadvance.com/hd_advance_compatibility.asp

pls spread the word because i could have use this information sooner. );

16. neptune

neptune Regular member

is there a updated compatable list of games that will work with USB EXTREME/ADCANCE .thx

17. slock101

slock101 Guest

Many thanks for all the info on this forum. just about ready just need to get swap magic does anybody know somewhere on the wirral that may sell them. Cant wait to have hdd working, although brand new slim am already worried about the laser just about matching my square eyes (using new ps2 far too much must try sleep some time)

18. rdn98

rdn98 Regular member

I did this for my fat ps2, v7. I loaded viewtiful joe 2 and it worked perfectly.

I am not sure why you need to make a SWAPMAGIC folder on the hard drive, it simply is not needed.

What I did was format the hard drive with the utility. Then I boot USBAdvance CD with Swap Magic 3.6

Plug in USB hard drive, and load the game. Zing!

19. DEXA88

DEXA88 Member

can you load USB advance or extreme from flash drive stick since my laser is dead ?

20. nyjts2856

nyjts2856 Member

i have usbextreme and a western digital 160 gb hard drive. I have downloaded games to the hard drive with usbextreme.com/download and put cd in ps2 hook up hard drive screen loads and says select game i select game then says loading data and is a black screen from there. game never loads.
    Please help!!!
    Thnkas
    Will