1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How To Open Ports and Forward them to your Router

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by tEChniiQue, Aug 19, 2005.

1. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Don't know much about Mac's but you need to find the model of your router (should be a sticker on bottom or back) or one similar to it and follow the direction's for it here to forward that port. Static ip guide is on this site too if needed: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm assuming Mac and Window's are similar in this regard.

2. chris1993

chris1993 Member

Hi i have a Netgear DG934G on sky boradband at the moment and im wondering how to open my gaming port for halo 2 would you be able to help?

3. mistycat

mistycat Active member

4. danj

danj Guest

The port 80 is used for LIVE account signup and must be open. Port 3074 is the default port used by LIVE for multiplayer gaming. However, if port 3074 is unavailable, the service searches for the next available port in increments of 12. For more information about Halo 2 ports, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 937424 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937424/ ) Games for Windows LIVE Ports that you must be open to connect to LIVE

5. chris1993

chris1993 Member

All done thankyou :)

6. Shevach

Shevach Guest

i cant get the password or the username working after i type my ip adress in. Tells me i need to log into the are and then my router model number, then it asks for a name and password i cant figure it out i tried what you did and none of them worked help!!

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

It isn't your IP address you type in, should be your Default Gateway which should be your router address, you'll see it at ipconfig/all with other info. And make sure you're typing your router address in IE.

8. DOSome

DOSome Member

thank you so much, i have wondered how to do this and now i know

9. chajaykat

chajaykat Member

hello im just a new user of vuze azareus torent downloader but i cant turn the smiley to color green it said i have a nat problem and when i run a test it said that may computer has stop it said that my port is close how can i open my port so that i can download torrent more faster im using a router DLINK 2640T i hope you can help me with this and i realy appreciate and thanks a lot for the help

10. mistycat

mistycat Active member

11. chajaykat

chajaykat Member

hello thanks for the effort of helping me but stil i have the problem when i check for ftp its said that my port is not opn or unreachable pls help me again i realy appreciate your help i am just a beginer so pls step by step thank you so much

12. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Are you using any firewall, even Window's; Vuze has to be made an exception in it? Check for your modem here, some need port forwarding as well: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm Azureus recommend's a port over 50,000, shouldn't matter but try that. Could be your ISP throttle's but isn't listed, what is it, maybe someone know's? And some ISP's that throttle allow torrent download's at off peak time's like overnight. Is this Vista by any chance and, if so, what version?

13. sri_muhu

sri_muhu Member

HI

I have The port Fowarding problem in My Router!
    Ive tried port fowarding for torrent so many time and its not wrking
    CAN U PLEASE HELP!

My Router is ZTE ZXDSL 831 v2
    Please Help!

14. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Could be your ISP, check this list and there are other's not on it: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs You've got to forward your router and probably set a static ip address as well (guide there), have you followed the direction's at port forward: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm and check there for your modem too, a few need forwatding as well. Make your client an exception in any firewall, disable UPnP, use a port or port's over 10,000, enable Protocol Encryption if your client support's it: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 and uncheck randomize port if that's utorrent and it's not.

15. _Ev_

_Ev_ Member

hi, im trying to get a program called Gametable working, but i cant do anything with the ports on my router (its a speedtouch, st546 v6)

(my computer is an xp home)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  16. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Just follow this link, find and click on your router and as Gametable isn't listed, click on any program, say utorrent or Azureus, assuming you know the port or port's you need, and follow the direction's: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm Look's like you'll need a static ip address as well, link there will take you to their guide, not hard to set, just pay attention to the DNS Server and Default Gateway being the same. You can't use that for your DNS but Open DNS has a couple you can use (use them myself) and if only one show's at ipconfig/all, that's fine.

17. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

18. dwatkins9

dwatkins9 Member

Okay. I know I may sound absolutely ignorant but I can not, for the life of me, get this to work correctly.

I will try to explain the best I can.

First.
    Windows XP
    Linksys wrt54g router
    trying to open a port for uTorrent

Now I had to change my router ip from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1 to get it to work properly as far as connecting to the internet.

I am trying to open port 54545, do I need to open up more ports? As in, 54540-54545. Or should it work with just one?

I Have followed the directions on this post, and what feels like thousands more, I still can not seem to get this to work.

I have tried firewall off/on
    AVG off/on

I have upgraded my firmware for the wrt54g.

And no matter what I just cant get it to work properly.

I am completely baffled and down to my last nerve trying to get this working. There is freeware called Simple Port Forwarding, I have tried that as well. It didnt work.

If someone could please help me I would GREATLY appreciate it. I am not computer illiterate, it is just that for some reason I dont understand whats going wrong. And again, I have read just about every manual/tutorial out there and followed it step by step.

It could probably be something very simple that I have managed to overlook. If anyone could help, that would be awesome. Thanks

19. mistycat

mistycat Active member

utorrent just need's one port. Not sure if this is your router but just follow the direction's, if not your's, just click on router list and find it, click on it, find utorrent, click on it and follow the direction's: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54GS/Utorrent.htm Also look's like you need to set a static address but pay attention to your DNS Server (s) and Default Gateway being the same, you'll need different one's in that case: http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm Disable UPnP at options>preferences>connection in utorrent and just make utorrent an exception in your firewall, you don't need to shut it or AVG, that I know of, down. Edit: check for your modem at PortForward too, some need forwarding as well.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2009
  20. MCCBOB

MCCBOB Guest

MCCBOB
    THANX A LOT.