1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial - How to softmod your fat PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PR4NK573R, Feb 1, 2008.

1. RustyNate

RustyNate Guest

Cyber try 2.2, or keylauncher as your loader, to get keylauncher download it, rename it to boot.elf and under loader choose other and select boot.elf

2. elbatman

elbatman Member

Hey nate did you get ever get the flash drive to work on your ps2?

3. elbatman

elbatman Member

I still get my ps2 to detect my flash drive. ANy ideas? i have tried with a and old v4 ps2 and a v10 ps2 and a slim ps2 and no luck.

4. brandon79

brandon79 Guest

IMHO I think you'd really be better off just getting Swap Magic for $20. Then you can launch any ELF file you want from the memory card or from the USB drive. You can boot straight to HD Launcher and never have to swap.. its great! :)
    read this thread for more details.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/330707

BTW, you dont necessarily need a USB drive... my PS2 recognized my MP3 player as a thumb drive. Its a Saphire Technologies 512MB flash MP3 player. So before you go out and buy a thumb drive try your MP3 player... or digital camera or anything else that might show up as a generic USB storage device. ALSO, you could borrow one from a friend just long enough to copy UlaunchELF to your memory card. From there you can copy ELF files from CDR launch anything you want.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2008
  5. crushbup

crushbup Member

I've tried doing it two ways, one way from this thread, the other from another site that was posted in this forum a while ago. I have run into two different problems. When I do it in the manner outlined here, the Action Replay software does not even see exploit.max on the memory card. When I do it the other way, it will boot, but refuses to see any of the .ELFs that I packaged with it with the Save Builder. I get to uLaunch, but there is no way to select my files.

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Do you have a PS1 game and the ability to copy saved files to your memory card?

7. crushbup

crushbup Member

Yes, I have all the necessary things. I was able to get it going after a couple hours of trying. Turns out my memory card got corrupted when I first tried using Action Replay, so I had to use MCKiller to get it back. After my fresh format (glad I backed my stuff up) I tried it again and it worked. Thank you for your willingness to help, though.

8. brandon79

brandon79 Guest

dude.. once you get to ulaunchelf you are home free... you can do anything you want from there.. launch HDD elf or emulators, swap magic, cog swap, or whatever you want...

9. crushbup

crushbup Member

The problem is that it wouldn't see the ELF files I had put on there, so I had to try a couple of times. But it's all good now.