1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: Installing DVDX With Modchip And BootMii IOS

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by cheez_cs, Jun 15, 2009.

1. cheez_cs

cheez_cs Regular member

I ran into this problem... I have a modchip, and I want to install DVDX so I can load ROMs from a DVD. No problem with that, except... The DVDX in the HackMii Installer does not support modchips, so if I want DVDx, I will have to use the old PatchMii installer. BUT WAIT! The PatchMii Installer uses IOS254, the same as BootMii. After searching around for a bit, I finally found a solution to my problem, and hoping it can help some others.

STEP 1 - Install What You Want

First thing to do is pull up the HackMii Installer, and install The HBC (If Needed) BootMii as Boot2 and BootMii as IOS. DO NOT install DVDX!

STEP 2 - IOS 253

xan105 at GBATemp created a modified version of PatchMii_Core. What this does is installs PatchMii as IOS253 instead of IOS254, which BootMii is using.

LINK TO ORIGINAL POST: http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154901
    LINK TO DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=01b25f8cb9696227d956df2962098fcbe04e75f6e8ebb871

The .RAR file comes with the two things you will need... The IOS253 PatchMii_Core, and the original DVDX installer. This is as simple as dropping both of them into the apps folder on your SD card, and running the PatchMii_Core IOS253 installer.

STEP 3 - READY FOR DVDX

After the modified PatchMii_Core is finished installing, you want to load up the DVDX installer. Instead of selecting PatchMii Install, like we would have back in the good ol' days, choose Advanced Install. Once you have chosen Advanced Install, scroll over until you find IOS253, and then press Install.

There you have it! You can now have DVDX installed on your chipped Wii, without harming the BootMii IOS.

I take no credit for the software used in this tutorial.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009