1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TUTORIAL] Loading ISOs from USB drive

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Hack_Zero, Mar 30, 2009.

1. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

ive seen version 1.0 and 1.1 which of the two should i use? Im on 3.4 firm. Thanks

2. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

Usb Loader 1.1
    Waninkoko has released a new version of his USB Loader which was just released yesterday. This "loader" allows you to store and play back your legal backup collection from a USB Mass Storage device.

What's New?

* No longer has the bug of the free space (which marked a great wrong in devices), plus show you the size of the games.

* Also added a possible fix for some games that might not work.

* The "date Bug" on Animal Crossing, Wii Sports and other games that use the date has also been fixed.

got that from tehskeen.

3. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

4. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

This is a great tut but kind of confusing. For ex, in the "what's required" section, you should mention an SD card, a usb drive, usbloader.rar and a game on disc are required. Screenshots would also help the average user.

Maybe also guide some people (like myself) on where they can learn to install homebrew channel if they don't have it.

Otherwise good work.

5. dynofrk98

dynofrk98 Member

Hey Guys, I've just purchased a Wii and I have a question about this process. Does this work on the latest firmware (4.0 I'm assuming) I just updated the system yesterday. I'm new to the Wii modding and I don't want to brick my Wii. I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered before.

6. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

If you have 4.0 firmware, I believe you are going to have to wait a while, as the new update blocks some of the homebrew hacks.

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

anybody have a hard drive compatability list? i would get a prebuilt WD or seagate, but the plastic casings suck at dispersing heat. i may get another scorpio black, and an aluminum enclosure.

8. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

Man, I love WD's all the way. Seagates suck since they bought out maxtor. Maxtors were the worse drives ever. They come with 5 year warranties for a reason, they suck. Plus, they send you a referb back and it's usually crap too. Get a WD, they're the best.

9. funman1

funman1 Member

I'm using a "Signature mini espresso" from "simpletech"
    Got it at frys yesterday 500GB USB powered drive.
    I now have 30 games on it so far and doing great, I've found it's MUCH better to put the ISO's on the drive rather then trying to rip the DVD to the drive.

10. tested911

tested911 Member

Couple of questions I have. (I'm a bit of a noob)

1. Is there a size limitation on the external HD? 1TB,500G,250G, etc.

2. After ripping the Iso's onto the external HD does it take a long time to load the game? When playing the game are there times where it lags because it's trying to read the data from the external source?

3. How is the interface to the Iso's? Is it easy enough for my 5 year old son to pick the game and hit start and play?

4. Can you still play online with iso image?

11. funman1

funman1 Member

1) Don't know but my 500 works just fine
    2) Less than 1 second, and I have had 0 lag on ingame loading
    3) Yes VERY easy, but it's also very easy to delete a game from the menu too.
    4) I have been playing Mario Strikers for 2 hours with no issues onine so far

12. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

knock on wood with the 300gig maxtor in my ps2. over two years, and still going strong.

SUCCESS! the scorpio black works! 7200rpm with 16mb cache on the wii now. next, to get a silver enclosure to match the wii theme.

SSBB is installing real quick; the ETA doesn't do justice. i love the WD black line.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  13. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

i found a gui for WBFS in case people dont know how to use it on cmd Impaler wii ISO.

14. funman1

funman1 Member

I have had bad luck with the GUI's so far..
    I will just stick to the command line.
    H is the letter of my wii HD

wbfs_win.exe H add "C:\temp\wbfs\mario cart.iso"

VERY EASY!!!

15. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

yes however most people dont know their way on cmd like to navigate to the folder where the exe is

16. cky4987

cky4987 Regular member

i have been using this gui

http://rapidshare.com/files/216716743/WBFS_GUI_TOOL_V2.zip

and i haven't had a problem yet, just make sure you put the iso your putting on the drive in the same folder as the gui exe otherwise you will get an error. it also allows you to extract the iso's that you already have on the hard drive too.

17. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

I installed eveything and its all running good i loaded my usb disk and asked to format so i did, i ripped a game and it worked fine . However when i got my disk to my windows vista it wouldn't even apear on "my Computer" i formated the drive so i could format it again on the wii but it didnt asked again to format, the gui from the post above has a format setting wich worked and i copied the isos to the disk, however when i go to the wii they dont show up to boot, i read this on another site
    "*build Homebrew Channel directories for all the games in your partition
    This will actually make a directory for each game with the DISCID of the game,
    copy the icon.png and boot.dol of the current directory, and make a meta.xml with the name of the game
    wbfs_win.exe X makehbc
    Then copy all the directories in the apps directory of your sdcard."

do i need to make this ?

how are you guys passing ur isos to the drives ?

gona try in my ubuntu when 1 game finishes ripping

18. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

19. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

already up and running with a 320gig WD scorpio black with an AMS venus enclosure, soon to be switched to a silver vantec enclosure. i'd recommend it. hell, i recommend building your own external; may cost slightly more, but you get to choose what parts to use.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  20. SolidMeta

SolidMeta Guest

Hey i try to download but i get an error, anybody got another link i could try?
    thanks