1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TUTORIAL] Loading ISOs from USB drive

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Hack_Zero, Mar 30, 2009.

1. climo

climo Member

thanks. I have outline all necessary steps including installing IOS60 which I forgot about. Since it has 3.3 should I go ahead and downgrade my IOS before installing rev 8? or just install rev 8?
    oh what is the difference between IOS249.v5 and the custom IOS used for dumping DVD drive contents? are they the same?

2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

anybody get metroid prime 3 to load? mine glitches at the warning screen and the insert disc screen.

3. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

Works for me on DVD but cannot RIP to HDD, WBFS tool giving me error not a valid ISO file.I scrub/patch to fix the problem similar to you, but at least i have the DVD that works..

4. jahbreeze

jahbreeze Member

one of the items mentioned in the tutorial is "partition magic". I have partition magic 8 to resize (shrink) a partition with my original data and create a new partition that I intend to format using the usb loader. I haven't tried my disk with the USB loader yet, but partition magic is indeed a useful tool (and is really easy to pick up and use). There are similar tools in windows (but i don't think they can resize a partition) when you right-click the "My computer" icon on the desktop and select "Manage" from the popup menu. From there select the left-pane item caled "Disk management". This will help you format, delete, or create partitions.

As an aside -- Linux systems, like Ubuntu, have much better disk utilities that allow you to work with partitions in more complex ways than the built in windows tool. If you dual boot with a linux system, you can use the linux tools to help you manage your partitions.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  5. jahbreeze

jahbreeze Member

In every thread that people mention the USB loader, I hear lots of chatter about upgrading to 4.0. Is 4.0 a necessary step to run the USB loader? I'd much prefer keeping 3.4 and running the USB loader from there. am I missing something?

6. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

USB loader can run on most firmware (tested in 3.1., 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 4.0). It just happen that when 4.0 was release a few day later USB loader came out. If you don't need the SD feature your good.

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

mine is a direct rip of my original mp:3 disc. ripped with the original usb loader. could just be a compatability issue. hopefully it'll get fixed in future usb loader updates.

mp:3 on the hdd would benefit in faster speedruns.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  8. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

Could this just we are missing som IOS? donno..when run patch it work..

9. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

mp:3 uses a disc check system. found it at wiinewz.

http://wiinewz.com/forums/backup-loaders/94883-usb-loader-v1-1-compatibility-thread.html

due to usb loader being fairly new, i wouldn't be suprised it missed a few things. but it's fairly stable for a release.

10. deadcell1

deadcell1 Regular member

IS anyone else having problems with Zelda Twilight Princess? I am using USB Loader v1.1 and a Western Digital 320GB My Passport Essential hard drive. My Wii is at firmware 4.0U

The problem I am having is the game plays fine but I am getting graphic problems. The graphics are glitching at times and I cant see what I am doing. This is the only game so far that is doing this. Any help feedback would be great.

11. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

You can always download GParted, which comes with Ubuntu (or the Ubuntu Live CD). Burn the ISO and boot from the CD when you start up your PC.

And ALWAYS backup your data as a precaution!

12. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

An Extra with version 1.4 on my 3.3e ( pal version ) im able to play NTSC games played Mario Super Sluggers

13. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

upgrade to 1.5 and see what that does.

14. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

Is the problem happens after playing within 15 minutes? If yes.. this could be a problem on the HDD that it has sleep timer or in stand by mode. You have to disable that feature, some batch of the 320 don't have that feature enabled by default.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  15. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have noticed allot of the newer USB Loader versions 1.4/1.5 have issues with freezing in the middle of the game.

I have no issues with 1.1 version.

When using 1.4 cIOS36_rev10 the game would freeze at random spots.

Reinstalled cIOS36_rev9 and used 1.1 and everything went back to normal (no game freeze).

Tried 1.5 today with cIOS36_rev9 and the random game freeze is back again.

Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  16. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

on 1.4 have no problems will test 1.5 l8r and give u a reply

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are you using cIOS36_rev10 or rev9?

18. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

rev10 played today all evening pal and ntsc games and and no freeze.

19. gameover9

gameover9 Guest

On 1.5?, don't wanna waste my time.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  20. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

this morning played 2 games ( final fantasy pal and Mario sluggers ntsc ) on 1.5 with rev10 had no freeze, kid is playing Mario kart if freezes will say, only change i saw from 1.4 to 1.5 is when u start the app it loads with image errors swaps to another to another then gets normal.

Edit: kid is playing for ~30 min now no freeze , i read around there was 2 versions of rev10 1 witch had a lot of bugs that only lasted few min till rev10 version 2 , the one i have is the one from the other thread

Edit2: after like 2 hours of playing the game froze on mario kart gonna downgrade to 1.4 since had no problems will post if anything happens :)

Edit3: ~2 hours after the freeze with rev 10 and 1.5 loader ( i changed for 1.4 ) the game haven't froze anymore so i think the problem is with the 1.5 ?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009