1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TUTORIAL] Loading ISOs from USB drive

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Hack_Zero, Mar 30, 2009.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Thanks for the input.

Mine will freeze with 1.4 or 1.5 within 20 to 40 minutes of play. If I use 1.1 I can play for hours on end with no issue. Kind of bugs me because I want to use the covers and 1.1 does not have that option.

2. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

yes the cover box option is why i changed to 1.4 im using a 80gb hp media pocket drive so the new fixes aren't a must did u replied this to waninkoko ?

3. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

there are version that works on release 1.1

4. ahamay

ahamay Member

Hello eveybody...

I'm having following issue:

I installed Cios rev9 with usb bootloader 1.1 and everything worked fine.

Then I installed Cios rev 10 and suddenly 2 games not working anymore: Puzzle quest & Final fantasy chocobo. They crash with DSI errror (black screen with alot of text). They worked before....

Anybody knows what is wrong? I'm using a PAL Console V3.2

5. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

There are two version cios10 that was release. Maybe you got the wrong one..

6. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

i have rev 10 and i have FF chocobo tomorow morning will test and tell you if mine works

7. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

Okay so im using cios_rev9 and usb loader 1.4 but i cant seem to get the cover artwork to show. What am i doing wrong? I have the wad and the .dol. neither one of the two will give me the artwork.

8. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

on the root of your SD card make a folder named usb-loader, (not sure if its with - or without)and inside it make a cover folder and put the png image inside, go here, scroll down a bit till usb loader 1.4 and read how to do it also.

or just download the from here and add them to the usb-loader\covers folder

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Can you use the boxart with rev9 I thought you had to install rev10 in order to get the boxart to work.

10. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

yes you can used rev9 depends on which loader you used. I believe the one you are using requires cios10.

11. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

there is a mismatch as per waninkoko if you are using 1.4 you have to used cios10. Which USB loader version you are using?

12. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

sounds weird huh? well im running cios_rev9 and i have wani's usb loader 1.4 I just double checked!

13. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

below are the list of diffrent DOL ESB loaders:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/USB_Loader_Releases

if you are using Waninkoko loader he has a specific folder where to put the images and you should be in cios10.

Where did you put the images for the game?

14. nuke1105

nuke1105 Regular member

I have a bit of a problem here.....I tried ripping a backup copy of a game onto my external hard drive using 1.4 and i got an wbfs error. I read in other threads that the usb loader will not let the ripping funciton on anything that is partitioned bigger then 512gb. well with my luck i made mine 540 gb and i already have X3X games on it. So my only option is to load my games thru wbfs. My question is does it matter the read speed when using imgbrn? im taking my backup disc and ripping them onto my computer so then i can transfer them onto my external hard drive for my wii. the default setting is 8x but should i do 1x or 16x? Does it matter? i know that when burning a game you want 4x but thats the write speed. Im talking about the reading speed for imgbrn. So please help. thanks~~~~~~~~~~~~~>!!

15. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

1.5 has fixed the > 512gb partitions but it freezes games with rev 10 so w8 for rev 11 about the making images i think your supposed to make them with rawdump? Link Here but if u can make images with imgburn the read speed wont be a issue.

Check this other Thread.

In case your burning your games on disk use this software before you burn the iso to remove the portion of wii disk wtich comes with updates .

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  16. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

with rev 10 and 1.4 played ffchocobo dungeons with no problem how u got your game ripped or iso ?

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Read speed isn't going to matter when your ripping your backups to your PC. So let it rip at highest speed the drive and media allows. Then once you get it riped transfer it to your WBFS partition using a WBFS manager. I think this is a more reliable way of doing it anyway so I would suggest sticking with this setup.

@Lips0fAsh

Retail copies of games need to be ripped by rawdump etc. etc.

Backup copies of the games can be riped by simply using IMGBurn MODE/READ (or NERO by choosing Copy DVD).

18. Lips0fAsh

Lips0fAsh Member

Side note for iso there are 2 very good software that i never had problems 1 is alcohol 120% and the other is PowerIso, for burning i use a very stable and efficient open source tool " Infrarecorder "

19. alcon2

alcon2 Member

im kinda confuse. how come the game file is less than 1GB when the DVD backup is like 4.3ish GB? also, im trying my backup copy of my game and the wii said it's not a wii disk. I used backup-patcher to patch my ISO before burning. does the backup-patcher do anything? I have tried both patch and unpatch and the DVD still works on the backup launcher.

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to use a backup launcher application like WiiGator 0.3 Gamma to launch the game. If you use the newest backup launcher you do not have to patch the game disc. Just burn the ISO as is.

The reason the game is smaller on the USB device is because it gets rid of the garbage data that is placed in for padding to make the ISO 4.35GB. So all it is doing is placing the game data on the USB device and getting rid of the other garbage data it doesn't need.