1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Type of DVD for burning PS2 games..

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by indian9, Jun 10, 2006.

1. dan168

dan168 Regular member

To get a more accurate result you'll be better off using designated software to test the speed, but if you just want to see what games look like with your new setup, do what steimy suggested.

[bold]@steimy[/bold]
    I see you've got your V12 back with HD Combo :eek: How are you finding it? :) I've used mine a few times since I got it back a while ago... been too damn busy to use it, after all the effort I went to get it installed :( Must spend more time on it once I get some time on my hand

2. Lumbastio

Lumbastio Member

Where do you download yours? Could you please PM the info? I use emule but it seems to have only xbox and PS2. You could also email me at Excelsius.XS@gmail.com. I'd be grateful for any info.

I am doing 3d designs sometimes, but after so many years I'm really interested in what the games look like. I'm particularly interested in MK because I liked that game about 6 years ago. But if you say Fear has great graphics, I'll try that too. My new PC has AMD AM2 4200+, 2GB 800DDR2, and EVGA 7600GT (didn't need any faster card since I'm more into calculations).

3. dan168

dan168 Regular member

Try bittorrents.

Also remove your email please, it's against the forum rules (link in my sig.).

If you are more into calculations, there's a benchmarking algorithm in Matlab (I assume you know what this is if you do 3D graphics and calculations) to test out your speed too

4. indian9

indian9 Member

Hi,
    [bold]@Lumbastio,[/bold]
    Brother,nope,you can't play PS2 games on PC until & unless it's a PC version.You can't play them on XBox either.Before downloading check wether the game you wish to download is for PC,PS2 or Xbox.Mostly,the game titles will be a hint.Or they have some Readme files attached,which you might want to download first for more info.
    If you want to make up backup or want to download & burn them on CD's or DVD's & want to play on your PC,PS2 or XBox,please refer to the tutorials on burning the games on the relevant categories,submitted by our helpful forum members.Check them out.Good luck.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  5. indian9

indian9 Member

Hi,
    I went to buy Sony DVD-R dvd's so that i can backup my ps2 games on them.But when i saw where the discs were made,it said "Made in Taiwan". I wanted to know if i can use these DVD's to copy my games or should i search for Sony DVD's which say "Made in Japan",cumpolsorily?
    Iam confused if Taiwan or Japan are the same.Has anyone ever bought the Sony DVD Made in Taiwan discs.What is the probability of having a flawless copy if i burn my game on Made in Taiwan discs & not Made in Japan discs? Thanks ya all.

6. Abdul dar

Abdul dar Newbie

Hi Everyone Can Anyone guide me How We can Burn God of war 1 and 2 on Dvd-R or Someother media To play In opl 0.9.3
    Plzz anyone Guide me...
    I have ps2 slim