1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD disk not responding on screen?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by salaria, Nov 11, 2010.

1. salaria

salaria Member

My PSP was playing games fine until yesterday when I took out my UMD disk (the game was stopped) and put it away then turned off the PSP itself. Later that day, I put the disk back in and started the system. The screen was blank (just on the wallpaper) and nothing would continue to load. I opened the UMD door and all of the sudden the screen loaded. I closed the door again and the UMD didn't appear on the screen. I took it out again, checked for something that could be in the way but everything looked fine. I checked it with another UMD disk and I got the same result. I restored all my settings to the factory stuff and nothing changed.
    I don't have any money to fix it and I'm pretty sure I do not have a warrenty on it. I looked on some old forums and they told me to move the thing that holds the laser (not the actual laser itself) towards and away from the spindle. I tried it... No results.

What can I do?

(Also, to clarify, the disk sounds like its loading like usual but the icon just won't pop up on the screen.)

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The laser is dead, so you need a new one. As you have no money, I am afraid, you are screwed.