1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UMD to ISO??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by romeo03, Mar 5, 2006.

1. romeo03

romeo03 Member

I've been on this site non-stop for the past 48 hours tricking out my psp and I have 1 question that I haven't been able to answer. Is there anyway to turn a UMD into an ISO? That is, put my UMD game(with my psp) into my computer and turn it into an ISO and use fastloader to play it? Thanks

2. kaosX

kaosX Regular member

ummm... read everything but the sticky that explains just about everything including that huh?

load fastloader, select dump game.

3. romeo03

romeo03 Member

but there's no other way to do it? b/c i have a 1 gig mem card and its not big enough. so it there a way to put the iso straight onto the computer and then put the iso into fastloader?

4. kaosX

kaosX Regular member

use the split / pause option, it will rip 800MB pause, rip it to pc, resume.

ALL covered in the pinned FAQ

5. romeo03

romeo03 Member

You think you could give me more detail on how to do it? split/pause option?? or know where i can read it?

6. romeo03

romeo03 Member

and whats the "pinned faq"?

7. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

i think when he said pinned faq he is talking about the 'stickies'
    Stickies stay at the top of each Discussion in the forum. For instance at the top of this discussion(general psp discussion) there are a bunch of stickes that have answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).

this has what u are looking for
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/283828.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2006
  8. romeo03

romeo03 Member

thanks, but do you know what he meant when he was talking about when he told me to rip it to my pc?? b/c i want to dump the umd into my pc and put the iso into my fastloader.

9. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

yea when he said rip it to your pc he was saying to transfer it there. when you go to your root folder of your psp it should be in the iso split folder. take it out and transfer it to your computer( drag and drop) and refer to the guide for the rest

10. romeo03

romeo03 Member

but there's no way to just dump the game straight into my pc? b/c my 1 gig card isn't big enough. even when i try to split it, it doesn't fit.

11. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

1. Go to Fast loader and go to START DUMPING (DONT WORRY YOUR FLASH ISNT GONE)
    2. Now press left till you get to 800 and press X to start
    3. When it pauses for you copy the file in ISOSPLIT onto your pc and delete the file thats on your psp freeing up space, Then resume the Dump, continue process till complete
    4. Once you have the files all on your comp open them with Winrar and inside will be PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.bin
    5. Get UMDshrink or UMDripper and use it to rip out movies or dumy data which are taking up room, it will tell you how big your file is going to be.
    6. Once done with the ripper, Get UMD gen and now rebuild the ISO
    drag n drop PSP_GAME and UMD_DATA.bin to right hand side of UMDGen and go to FILE - EXTRACT ISO

12. romeo03

romeo03 Member

could u help me out with step #3? how do i copy the files from my psp to my pc without disturbing the dump? once the 1st part finishes i would need to take out my memory card and put it in my pc to put it into my pc thusly messing it up. and for some reaon, when i use my usb, it looks like there's nothing in the isosplit folder of my psp.

13. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

While your in Fastloader you press Triangle and USB is activated within fastloader you dont have to get out.

14. romeo03

romeo03 Member

yeh i did that. i activated the usb but nothing shows up in the isosplit folder.

15. PieceFull

PieceFull Regular member

Maybe you should try 400mb then, i dont know man ive only ever done it once and it worked fine.

16. romeo03

romeo03 Member

i figured it out...thanks for all the help