Unknown?!?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by DonnieXL, Jul 10, 2005.

1. DonnieXL

DonnieXL Member

Hay all,
    I'm a supper noob in this xbox modding, so sorry for making stupid mistakes.

Well first of all i have modded my xbox with the DouX2 chip.
    But it seems he don't know anything. Cause i have downloaded a bunch of xbox games and burnd it, with Nero as an ISO, well when i popped the disk in my xbox. My xbox says Unknown.

I don't think the chip is modded wrong cause i CAN see a regionfree DVDs.

But it must be something with the burning i think.
    The hadware i have:
    A xbox with the DouX2 chip
    A DVD burner, NEC ND-3500

I have tryed to burn 2 games, Medal_Of_Honor_Euporean_Assault_USA_XBOXDVD-XWaR
    Juiced-USA-XBOXDVD-RETAIL-DAGGER

Both didn't work i have burnded with Nero and Alcohol.
    and finalysed the dvd...
    both dvds it says Unknown...

Could anyone here please help me with my problem...
    I really like to play those games...

Thnx in advance
    DonnieXL

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

My first question is what DuoX 2 chip do you have? There are three main kinds: DuoX 2, DuoX 2 Cromwell/Flashbios, DuoX 2 Lite.

Next, what program are you using to burn the game w/?

Also, your drive might have a problem playing burned games, so you should try the games you burned on a buddies modded Xbox if at all possible.

3. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

also check the make sure the games you are downloading are NTSC (USA) or PAL if u are in europe.

they have to be the right format depending on where u are. Also, i think it may be how u are burning them

to be safe, you should make the game into an .iso BEFORE you burn it...

once it is an iso image... burn the image to a dvd-r/rw

help any?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The DuoX 2 chip autodetects games from all regions (i.e. all NTSC, PAL, and NTSC-J games), and boots them everytime. So that is not the problem.

Were gonna need some more info. DonnieXL if you want us to help you out further...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2005
  5. DonnieXL

DonnieXL Member

Sorry for the late respons.

Humm I have the normal DuoX2 Chip
    And useded Nero 6.3.1.13 and once Alchol120% 195 {(build) 2802}
    On a Platinum dvd+r 8X speed (i have burnd them once on max, twice on the slowest)

I do know someone that has a flashed xbox but he is now on vacation.

I live in Europe(holland)and have download the games from the internet, on a prived community. So i don't think the game sorce is the problem.

Well hope you have enough info to help me with my problem...

I'm also willing to send you my burnded dvd's so mabay you can test it. If you don't live to far a way from my place that is.

Thnx again for helping me...
    DonnieXL

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Your problem most likely is that you are burning the games onto DVD+R discs. Switch to a good DVD-R brand name, and try again. I burn all of my XISO's I create w/ Alcohol 120% at 2x on Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's and they work flawlessly on my Thomson drive. What drive do you have? Check here if you do not know... http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xboxdrives.htm

7. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

no, theres nothing wrong with dvd+r disks... my burner is a dvd+r/rw i cant even WRITE to dvd-r disks... but ive never had a problem copying games.

i use craxtion 4 to make my isos...

only thing i can think of is maybe your iso (the ones ur burning with nero) arent made very well... might be a software problem.
    anyways, try making the iso with craxtion 4 and try burning it again.

hopefully u are using REWRITABLE disks so u dont waste dvds everytime it fails

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Slimberg, [bold]research before you post.[/bold] Many Xbox drives have a hard time reading DVD+R. You keep posting some so-so information for people, so next time research before challenging something I say w/ questionable info. If you think I am wrong, talk about this same issue on either this forum or Xbox-Scene forums and see what they have to say about your DVD+R opinion.

Also, if you would have read his post alittle harder, you would have noticed that the games he is trying to burn are downloaded, so the XISO is already made for him. How is it possible to get XISO's that "arent made very well"? That sounds like a bunch of BS to me.

And last but not least, why use dvd rewritable discs? It would be cheaper to just to use regular dvd discs, as rewritable dvd discs are VERY expensive!

You've officially been pimpalated! hahaha

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2005
  9. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

ok
    1) dont talk to me like u know me, cuz u DONT...

ill give a lil cred to what u may or may not know, but dont talk down to me... ima leave that at THAT.

2) i stated my opinion from MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY XBOX... thats why i said "MY"...

since it wasnt understood by you, ill restate: MY xbox plays dvd+r just as flawlessly as it plays dvd-r disk... IVE never had problems copying games...

make sure u read it this time

3) ok, so he downloaded and i accidently omited that part... sue me

4) i HAVE MYSELF downloaded corrupted xiso files which is why i dont mess with it. So how about you speak from YOUR experience and ill speak from mine.

and finally

5) he should be using dvd-rw ONLY until he finds out what the problem with the burned cds is... you telling me that he should be wasting a dvd-r everytime he burns a dvd and it doesnt work???

lmao, DonnieXL, ur MORE than welcome to listen to him on that last part but i dont suggest it, seeing as how until u can make working dvds, your dvd-r will be wasted after u burn it if it doesnt work.

unlike PimpDawg, im not forcing my knowledge on you, im not walking around claiming i knwo the world and im also willing to acknowledge when i DONT know something... which is more than i can say for PimpDawg.

and what the hell is a pimpalated???!!!

10. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

First, I would just like to say that I am honestly a nice guy, and have been on this forum helping people for a long time. But when you challenge my opinions w/ some questionable info., I have to say something back to you, you must understand that atleast...

What are you talking about when you say what you wrote above was just your opinion? This doesn't sound like an opinion to me:

"No, theres nothing wrong with DVD+R disks"

It sounds to me like your saying DVD+R's work perfectly in all Xbox's, which is some false info. Did you ever think that since DVD-R works better in Xbox drives, especially older ones (thomson & philips) that he should maybe switch to them?

Anyways, you know what, I could argue w/ you all day on this, but it is not worth my time or yours...

Peace out buddy!

11. Slimberg

Slimberg Member

im sure ur prolly a nice guy cuz u could have flamed me much worse than that... either way... like i said, ill give u credit for hte stuff u know...
    im not gonna claim to know everything and maybe i should be more clear, the stuff i say is mainly from MY experience on MY xbox with MY cds...

but also to add to that... i have a 1.0 so i dont know how much more that will confuse the guy with the problem.

then again mine is refurbished

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

I also have a version 1.0 which I use for online play, and version 1.6 for modded playing.

Sorry for being so ignorant above! I guess your one of the few people I know that can play DVD+R in your 1.0 Xbox. Quadratic, who is long time member on this site, also uses DVD+R in his Xbox, which has the Thomson drive in it, and he got a little mad at me a while back for talking negatively about DVD+R discs.

But anyways, I'm throwing out a truths. My apologies!

13. DonnieXL

DonnieXL Member

Hey thnx for all the responses...

Well i have the samsung drive, so if you know witch brand /type of DVD disk i need.. That would be a lot easier for me to buy....
    Then to buy all kinds of dvd's

Thnx again for the help you all...
    Donnie

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

First, I would try your games in a buddies modified Xbox if it is at all possible, to see if they work. If they don't work in your buddies Xbox or you do not have any friends w/ modified Xbox's, I would try making a backup from a game you own, and see if that works. The reason you should think about doing that is because the games you have DL'ed could be corrupt, as I have gotten a few of those in my day. If you do not know how to make a backup, check out this guide, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/backupxboxgames.htm

If it still is not working, I would try this...

Get some decent quality dvd-r to see if the +r dvds are your problem. Here is a media guide for you so you have an idea of what "quality" media is http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/dvdmediaguide1.htm

If you do all of the above and still nothing, then I would have to say your drives laser is having problems reading backup games (which is not totally uncommon problem).