1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[unsolved] Help with Mario Kart Wii backup NTSC

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Fiilex, Jun 17, 2009.

1. wiilord

wiilord Guest

alright i have 17 burned wii iso's not gonna say where to get. all mine work fine go download mk wii ntsc iso from somewhere just google it. after you download the iso use nero to burn and do it at slowest speed on any high quality dvd-r i use taiyo yuden memorex also is pretty good. then put it in and dont force anything i have this game and it works with only minimal lag during opening scene hope this helped :}

2. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

We have already covered this. And then some. Please troll elsewhere.

3. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

TV Death was just a coincidence lol there is no way your wii could cause that in any way shape or form.

4. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

Of course lol. Why would I blame my Wii for my TV breaking? I never recall doing so. Haha anyways just my luck.

5. wiilord

wiilord Guest

f you fiilex i was just tryin to help

6. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

No hard feelings wiilord, just that that is common knowledge, and this thread is about finding out why my wii is not booting backups I create of my LEGITIMATE NTSC Mario Kart Wii copy. Again, I just wanted a bit more contributory of a response from you, but anywho thanks for the heads up ;P

7. mvgc3

mvgc3 Member

I'm very surprised nobody has mentioned this...

Try a different backup launcher. There are probably dozens of them floating around. I know that's fixed my problems once or twice.

Here is a link to WiiGator's backup launcher and a compatibility list. MKWii is reported to work fine on version 0.3.

8. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

Lol, I cannot believe I didn't think of this meself! :p I had WiiGator backup launcher installed as a channel before, but then deleted to save room. I guess I'll give it another shot! Thanks mvgc3, I'll report back.

UPDATE: Purchased new LCD TV! That old clunker was reliable, but 13 years old. Dance party time: Un tss un tss un tss un tss

9. mvgc3

mvgc3 Member

You don't have to have it installed as a channel. If you just want to test it you can get the .dol version and run it through Homebrew Channel ;)

Obviously you could continue to use that, but it would be a bit more inconvenient.

10. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

I personally find Channels more convenient then going into HBC, but since I deleted SoftChip from the channel list there is now room for the WAD of WiiGator, which I am having trouble locating unpacked from other cIOS's, etc. in google. Lol.

EDIT:Here is one for anyone that is wondering.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  11. Fiilex

Fiilex Member

Nope, still not working on both launchers. Except this time on the new rip from the new ripper via WiFi, it got past the ESRB message where the other rips hung up. This occured on both NeoGamma and WiiGator launchers. Though it is still not working, I feel I am getting closer and have isolated the problem down to ripping issues. I think that WiFi ripping is not the greatest way of ripping an ISO off a legitimate disc, so I will take another approach by ripping it in parts through my 2GB Sandisk SD card and then merging them into one ISO and burning it. I will post my results later and if they are positive I will consider this thread solved. Thanks to all of you for all your help, you have played a major role in fixing this problem :)