1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

up all night trying to burn .MKV to DVD!!!!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pcshateme, Feb 12, 2004.

1. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

i downloaded a movie in .mkv video format and got the drivers and it plays fine in my computer. so i want to burn it to dvd, well tmpg wont read the video file- so i use virtual dub like i use with my ogg video files- and everytime it finishes loading the .mkv file- virtual dub crashes!!! so i found a bullshit guide on dvd-r guides.com and it told me to use avi2 vcd (a real shitty program) and it worked- BUT the audio was completly out of sync by minutes and the video was orgionaly 24minutes, but the file it made is only 18minutes!!! WTF?! Someone PLEASE help me!!!! I have been up ALL NIGHT SEARCHING THE NET FOR A GUIDE AND MESSED WITH LIKE 50 PROGRAMS!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!

2. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

hello help me!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2004
  3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

4. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

thanx but i figured it out earlier today

5. Feyd

Feyd Member

Please help me. I am having the same problem. Please tell me how you did it.

6. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

okay- i got this file called matroska muxer and another file called matroska splitter. and you put them in the folder where the drivers for matroska are- then use the configuration thing (the thing that pops up next to your clock when you play a .mkv file- double click it. then make sure it set to play in what ever language you want and make sure the subtitles are off (or what you want)- you cant do a dual audio rip so pick your fav audio. Then open tmpg enc- DO NOT USE THE WIZARD- it wont read it- go to the source thing at the bottom and select the file, then it should do it (for some reason it takes about 2x as long as it normaly does but it work)s- just remember if its an anime or film movie enable 3:2 pulldown or it will skip frames like hell. BUT IT WORKS!!! sorry i know its confusing but thats how i did it.

7. Feyd

Feyd Member

Thanks I will have to try it out!