updates

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by culpeck, Jun 21, 2010.

1. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

can any help i keep getting the update symbol in my tray icon so i install the update after that im asked to restart my pc which then after everything loaded back up i get the update symbol agin but its exactly the same 3 updates every time ive installed these at least 10 times and still getting the same updates need to be installed any help cheers

2. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

first before you do this see what the updates are for & check if already installed
    go into your microsoft updates and click custom try download them 1 more time with all other important 1.s that are there
    if no joy then
    on the 3 updates click on the + sign on 1 of the updates
    underneath it will say dont show update again click on it do other 2 also

3. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

if i do that does it mean that there already installed there all updates for net framework 2.0 update and 2 for net frame work 3.5 so if i hide these does it mean there already installed thanks

4. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

no you would have to check if they are already installed yourself
    go to microsoft update
    on left hand side check on review your update history and see if already updated
    also try update them 1 at a time in custom install

5. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

ok so i done that and two of them have a tick on so i guess there already installed so first why am i still being asked to download these 2 updates constantly if there already installed and second the update kb974417 just wont install it keeps failling

6. hooter007

hooter007 Regular member

now try the 1 that is not in there on its own by custom install, and maybe they will go away then
    if not then just do as i said earlier click on dont show this update again
    cos you already have them

7. aldan

aldan Active member

what operating system do you have?microsoft help and support can probably solve this for you.support for xp,if its not gone will be done soon,so if you have xp you better hurry.by support i mean this is still free by email.

8. jjziman

jjziman Member

use dial a fix. It is on the Hirens boot cd. Run it with all the checks. You may need a win CD depending on if anything is corrupted. After that has ran click on the hammer and there should be a choice to repair bits or something with the windows updates. There is also a option for flush all updates and start over. Also if the dot netframe work is corrupted you can use a dot net framework unisatll tool. http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2005/04/08/406671.aspx
    You would have to reinstall the dotnet framework after thouhg. Yes the framework normally gets corrupted. Its normally the 1.x version and you have to reinstall them all. Ugh.

9. aldan

aldan Active member

easier going to microsoft support,but your choice.

10. jjziman

jjziman Member

I would rather do it my self. Faster then working with MS. No probaly easier than going with MS support. Follow the script with canned responses!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  11. aldan

aldan Active member

pretty simple really.ive done it on 4 seperate occasions.just have to know how to read.

12. jjziman

jjziman Member

Yes I have used email support from MS in the past. Yes I can read. Is not the point of these boards to help with issues that you may have delt with in the past? Or just push them over to the customer support of the company and feel good about yourself while not accomplishing anything?

13. aldan

aldan Active member

oh and you have told him how to get his updates back and now he has them? if you bought a new electronics item and needed to get it fixed would you have it fixed under warranty or just try to fix it by yourself.support is a lot like a warranty.and yes,if micrsoft can help him i will feel good about myself.beleive me the fixes you suggest did not just come out of your ass.im not trying to get into a pissing match with you so why not come up with an alternative fix for the origional poster?seems to be a common problem with people these days to say "i dont know" but i know someone else who might be of help.grow up sonney.