1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upload torrent with Bitcomet no one could connect

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by nownthen, Feb 10, 2010.

1. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

I wanted to share a file that is just under 10 gb with my sister so I figured I would give uploading a torrent a shot as I've downloaded with bitcomet for a long time now.

I used the bitcomet wizard to create the torrent. Used the open bitorrent tracker. Sent the torrent to my sister. On my end I successfully connected to the tracker. I could see user connecting but no one was able to actually connect.

I'm looking for either a way to fix this or any alternative options that are free.

What I've tried
    Went through to make sure the ports were open (firewall exceptions and virtual server setup in the router). I am behind a router and just use Windows firewall. After that didn't help removed the router, shut off the firewall and still couldn't get it to connect. After all that it still says the listen port is blocked. I tried a number of different ports as well.

One site recommended changing the encryption setting. I tried that didn't see any different.

I let it try to connect for a few days. I highly doubt I didn't wait long enough for it to connect.

I'm happy to try any ideas.