usb bootable

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by culpeck, Jan 13, 2011.

1. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

hi ive created a windows 7 bootable on a usb stick when i plug it in instead of showing a usb pic i get a pic of the windows 7 like you do if you put the disk in drive ive done this so i can install iton anetbook so i turn on netbook go to boot option click on stick to boot from and all i get is in the top left hand corner a _ sign flashing any help as my daughter has totally wrecked her netbook thanks i used hp usb storage and win 98 system files to make it bootable then extracted the windows 7 iso image to mem stick now when i boot this stick on netbook i get just a drive letter c what do i need to do next

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. attar

attar Senior member

3. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

ive tried the method explained in the link when i type listdisk it onlly comes up with my pc hd not mem stick ive tried a few new things now when i boot from stick it finds it says ok then 30 sec later i get disk read error any help always appreciated

4. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

5. attar

attar Senior member

Initially, before starting the tutorial procedure, when you plug the stick into the USB port and go to My Computer is the stick listed as a drive?
    In my case, the stick is the 'H' drive 8GB and shows up as disk 3

[​IMG]