1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usb drives

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by desmet9, May 2, 2010.

1. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

So codebreaker will not recognize my usb drive and I have ordered a copy of swap magic. My question is can swap magic recognize all usb drives or is it going to be the same deal and my other question would be if i am using usb advance what is to say that that program recognizes my external hard drive? I have a v790001 ps2 slim silver.

2. jhonshaw

jhonshaw Member

I would say any but since USB Sticks aren't designed to be compatible with a PS2 that's not a definite. I've read here that U3 powered sticks wont work, neither do kingston or lexar... but that could be wrong too. Personally I just use an old 128mb CRUZER and it works fine.

If you get it and it doesn't work I would suggest going to any retail store with a friendly open package return policy, buy it and try it. Why wait a week for the mail just to be discouraged and have to return it minus shipping.

3. desmet9

desmet9 Regular member

yeah i went out and bought a 2g cruzer and pny because those are two brands that are said to work...but no luck so i returned them to wal mart and said yeah they both just would not read..where can i find 128 mb flash drives anymore? lol Thats all i need...i just want the free mcboot on the memory card so i can load hdloader or usbadvance or ule and play some roms and what not