1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB EXTREME info/comp/problems new!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by PsychoMe, Apr 24, 2005.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I had an idea why some games might not work, despite lack of DNAS, I tried installing ction replay max on my hdd. It booted fine, but as soon as I tried to access the USB it went to the same black screen as most of the games that dont start (with the flashing white line at the top of the hdtv for about 2 seconds).

Then i tried gameshark off the hdd and it went to the same screen. I know gameshark will not boot with something plugged into the USB port, some kind of protection check.

So this tells me that perhapse other games are looking for USB? Or perhapse just doing some kind of system check to make sure there are no conflics (like the USB port being mapped as the DVD drive or something...that would be a horrible problem if we were not trying to do it. ;))

Doubt anoyone will care though, as I said before, PS2 is as good as dead, and most of the people that have one have given up on it and gotten a copy of swap magic or code breaker.

...anyone interested in a class action lawsuit against the makers of USB extreme? They claimed that most games will run at full speed? Most games don't run at all, and I have yet to find one game that does not skip durring movies.

2. onlyps2

onlyps2 Member

i had some problems with the installation explanation, found this cool site with how it works
    http://usbfaq.ps3news.com/

I am trying it with a usb stick , a 2gig apacer.
    I tried a few times with big games ( more then a gig )and dvd
    World Snooker Championship 2007 <--- did not work
    The Shield <--- did not work
    Then i tried it with a cd game very small
    Puzzle maniacs <--- this games works, only movies a bit shockie.
    So my conclusie is, i need more space for bigger games, small games work.
    i read a cd with the program USBExtreme.exe it goes from cd to directorie C,
    i copie the files from my harddisk c , to my memorystick works fast only a few minutes, if i do it straight to the memorystick it takes some hours
    when i buy a 6 gig ( maybe 10 if it exsist) usb stick, i can play most of the games.

Ps.. How can i play xvid or divx movies on my ps2 with a memorystick, and with subtitles loose files.
    who can help me

3. Ncc81

Ncc81 Member

onlyps2 you joker, not mocking you, but why the hell are you trying to run DVD games from a USB memory stick!>!?!??!

Get yourself a portable HDD, like one from ebay for £40 for a 40 GB one which is not too much to shell out. Memory stick is pointless because the HDD you can get nowadays are almost as portable as these

Click here to see my HDD and how cheap it is

4. onlyps2

onlyps2 Member

hi, i only do this for the fun of it, because the specifications say its for 40 gig, i was just curious.
    I have a 250 gig HD, and my ps2 has a chip, i dont use it myself for the ps2, I burn all my games and then play.
    I am waiting for the ps3, i need new shit to test.
    but it is interresting to know that a usb stick works, dont you think

5. Ncc81

Ncc81 Member

Yeh that's true, my first demo disc for PS2 was run off a 2gb mem stick. You could go up to 4 or possibly more if you got a usb mmc or sd card reader that acts as a usb stick for your mobile phone/digital camera storage cards, which worked perfectly for me on 2gb! With the 4gb cards, DVD games should run.

Has anyone got crash bandicoot working? I can't and I'd like a nostalgic trip down sony lane.

Also shadow of the colossus ... any ideas?

Does anyone know the best way of running an exploit from a PSTwo slim either mem card or usb stick. I've got action replay max and an original usb extreme. Any help would be appreciated.

6. CrazH

CrazH Member

In the PSTwo the memory stick exploit aka independence exploit is fixed.

So you'll have to refer to using cd all the time, sorry.

7. LondonGuy

LondonGuy Member

Did I read that right, I can use a USB memory stick to play store games ? I assume that works with the USB Extreme?

And whatever happend to Xavifer's list? I tried searching on google for another list, but all I found were either dodgy sites trying to sell me the USB Extreme, or this forum.

I wanted to get one around this time last year, but changed my mind. Now I really want one as I'm sick of the same old crappy games.

8. masilli

masilli Member

Here it is:

http://jaydium.servehttp.com/usbextreme/gamelist.php

...this is the old xafier's list! And this was already posted here in this thread :)

I've lost my will to keep trying games with USBeXtreme, those i have in the disk that work, stayed there, but for the others i decided to give swap magic a try. It's a lot better, cause its compatible with almost all games!

USBeXtreme its only better in saving space... u can have lots of games in a single hard drive, and dont need to swap discs :p

9. usbxsux

usbxsux Guest

dunno if this is the rite topic to ask but whatever. I got narutimate accel not sure if its ntcs of pal but i checked the compatibility list and it told me it works but needs dnas swap. I read the tutorial on how to do this and it said look for dnas file but there wasnt one and the game didnt work in the first place so i checked the list now i dont kno wut to do..can some 1 help?

10. SlimJoe

SlimJoe Regular member

11. phouse95

phouse95 Guest

hey guys me and my girl had a original ps2 which is nomore stoped working so i bought usb extreme and does not work games won't load my question is i have windows vista will that pose a problem or is it because the game is incompatible.

12. phouse95

phouse95 Guest

13. phouse95

phouse95 Guest

hey guys have a slim silver ps2 and usb extreme the game shows up on list and will not play i have windows vista ultimate is that a problem or is my game not compatible i want to run guitar hero.

14. CrisKahn2

CrisKahn2 Regular member

Ur game isnt compatible with USB extreme...thats why it doesnt load. Some games do some dont...just have to try and see.

15. phouse95

phouse95 Guest

i have a new slim silver ps2 i just got one last month its there new line of ps2 will it work

16. cyberv

cyberv Member

Hello People I need Help I Red all of the Postings here but my Problem seems to be different, I got it Running Boot to USB Advance Free Edition made it to the gamelist screen and see all my installed Games which means its all alright. But my Problem is w/ the Loading, when i choosed my game to play It Just Says Loading Game .... but looking the Drive activity seems like the PS2 is not accessing the External Drive, Other Post says that after they Choose a game it Goes to Black, but in my case It Hanged on the Loading Screen of the USB Advance. Any Ideas People what seems to be my Problem.

PS. after choosing a game it didn't go to black screen I just get Stucked on Loading Screen.