1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB Loader GX can't find my HD!! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by smilesy, Jul 2, 2009.

1. alchemis

alchemis Member

im having the same issue and cant fix. i got a western digital 250gb external passport harddriven and its compatible but i cant get the wii to notice it. i have a black wii. not sure if thats the issue

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

I have the same drive (500gb) it runs fine on dx2v7 base 56, if it is seen by the wii depends on what cios you are using and what base.

You need to say what cios's you have!

3. tattooed123

tattooed123 Member

wd's all seem to work i've got three seagate 80gb they load the games on wbfs but the wii says NO!!! gutted lol

4. tattooed123

tattooed123 Member

wd's all seem to work i've got three seagate 80gb they load the games on wbfs but the wii says NO!!! gutted lol

5. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

I use Seagate and it is fine, compatibility is mainly in the cios / base

If you have an issue but do not have at least d2x v7 final base 56 - then update your wii's cios, run it from the above cios (usually 249) and see if it works.

Also try 222 hermes v5 (or 5.1 - or 5.1r) base 38 and try and run it from this cios

The loader can have small influences so try both gx and cfg.

Always check if your drive has a sleep function, if it does disable it (usually software from the drive manufacturer)

If in doubt check the wii usb compatibility list - there are several on the web