usb to ps2 converter

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by andy2583, Jun 30, 2005.

1. andy2583

andy2583 Member

i bought a usb to ps2 converter off play .com bit i cant get it to work when i insert the cd that came with it and double click the setup icon it sstarts to install, but get to about three quarters and disaapears off the screen !

i got xp pro !

If i plug the converter in it say usb device not recognised and if you go to the corresponding driver tab in device manager it says there's no driver installed !

What gives ? ?? i tried the program compatibility mode....no good it says on the cd that it works with xp !

I need some help as i just bought half life 2 and wanna play it with me joypad !

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

take a look on bottom side of disk to see if cracked or not as happened to me once that the cd was crack but couldn't tell til it was flipped over. try downloading driver from manufacturer site

3. Xian

Xian Regular member

I got the PS2 to USB joystick adapter from Radio Shack for $10 and it works fine. It had an install floppy rather than a cd. I hadn't tried it in HL2, but it works great in many of the emulators I play. I got another and put it on the kid's PC and it didn't have any troubles either.

4. andy2583

andy2583 Member

i've downloaded the ndriver off the website aswell and it still dont work !

i really need help it just says there's no drivers installed and windows doesnt recognise the device

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

If you can't get the setup program to work, you may be able to still install the driver. See if there is a .inf file on the cd. Right click on it and select Install from the popup menu. The .inf file is the installation information file for the driver.