1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used DVD Shrink-Now how do I burn ?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jcsqerly, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. michegir

michegir Member

Hi Daddy,
    I am so impressed, I finally succeeded in downloading Nero and it worked at my first attempt. I copied Die Hard and everything went perfect.

I must admit I had some doubts and now I regret it. But I still can’t understand what is wrong with Easy CD Creator. Before coming to you I had purchased two books on DVD creation and both gave instructions for Easy DVD Creator and it seemed to be THE program to use because it has so many options.

In spite of my doubts, I listened to you and uninstalled Creator to install Nero and Bingo, everything works. Only one thing, you told me it was a 30-day version, but on the download site, it specified that it would work until April 30th… tomorrow, that is. Can you tell me how I can hook it now.

And thank you so much for your help. Now I promise from now on I’ll come to you first.

2. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Anybody know where to go to read up on DVD43?Or maybe you Guys can answer,is DVD43 the same as AnyDVD

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Michegir,

I’m sooo very glad you’re happy with your burn, I always knew you could do it :D)

As far as Nero’s trial, who knows - Try to get it on May the 1st.

If not -
    We have a couple of ways to go -

First we located a price of $35.00 for the full boat version of Nero (reg. $69.99)
    (Check Nero on the left side of the screen)
    http://www.eagletronics.com/

Next, not as good, you could “Google” for Nero 5.5 and get a serial number to activate it for $10.00. It will work with DVD Shrink but for the additional $25.00 you could have all the extras of the new Nero - well worth the extra few bucks.

Lastly, (Extra work for de ScubaPete) we could hook ya up with another guide (a whole lot more work for ScubaPete) for DVD Shrink using DVD Decrypter (FREE) instead of Nero.

What would I do, there’s a bunch of good extras with Nero i.e. Nero’s recode2 (works like DVD Shrink, without the ripper, and can do more “Stuff” than DVD Shrink - and it makes me ticked cause I thought I had a great deal for Nero for $49.99. Still paid $15.00 too much :-(

Let me know iffin ya want me in work mode for that guide -

Peace and love,

Pete

Yo there little rick5446 Buddy,

Here ya go - DVD$3 (FREE) and AnyDVD (est. $40.00) work about the same, working behind the scenes to erase the encryption and the region. Naturally, AnyDVD gets regular updates to ensure that all encryptions are covered. In fact DVD43 works about 90% plus of the time. I ran one against the other for 3 months, stayed with the AnyDVD (of course I had paid for it).

DVD43 v1.3.0.54
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd43.cfm

AnyDVD (Free Trial)
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Cheers there Buddy,

Pete

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Thanks their Mr. Scuba Pete! I figured they were the same,just needed a little re-assurance.Personaly I think I'll stick with AnyDVD too.Had such good luck with it.
    I don't know if it is my imagination or not,but with AnyDVD the rip seems a little faster.As to just useing DVD Shrink Or Decrypter

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi Rick,

Running AnyDVD then opening with DVD Shrink may be a second faster because AnyDVD is making it seem like there's no encryption for DVD Shrink to break. I truly hope you're not going to open a DVD with DVD Decrypter, that would be nuts - use DVD Decrypter to burn with.

You might want to try DVD2One with your AnyDVD, a very nice match that is :p)
    Another program to play with is CloneDVD 2 (elby) with your AnyDVD - a good pair they make too.

I expect to keep seeing you around, giving a hand helping Newbies. It is people like you who make this site work too - You've seen how we work and you see we have fun doing it -

Now it's your turn, stop back when you're free and help someone else - they'll appreciate it and it will make you feel better :)

You can then Welcome them into the Club :D

We hope to see you around when you're not having problems to solve -

You'll find us over there, by the water cooler, chewing the fat and trying to help the next Newbie with the weight of the burning world upon their shoulders -

We'll be looking for you -

Cheers,

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, HP R/W 200j, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP, SP1.[/small]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2004
  6. gmw1955

gmw1955 Member

I followed ScubaPete's guide posted on April 16, 2004. Everything seemed to work well until approximately 96% had been burned. I got an error message twice that there was not enough file space. I checked the properties of the downloaded files and both of the attempts I made stopped at 3.99 GB.

I have a Dell with a 120 gb hard drive, with almost 100 gb of free space. My hd is only a few months old and when I checked the format it has a NTFS file system. I saw an earlier post about FAT 32, but I don't seem to have this. The allocation max unit size in the format setting is 4096.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Let me get this straight.
    You are using DVD Shrink to write an ISO file to your hard drive that DVD Decrypter will burn.
    The process of writing the ISO to the hard drive fails at 3.99GB.
    That does sound like a FAT 32 problem but you say that you are using NTFS.

I don't know.
    Are you using XP?
    Are you sure the hard drive is NTFS?
    Is there only one NTFS partition?
    Is it possible that you have more than one partition and the one you are writing to is FAT 32?

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

250 DVD's later!I've had my first problem w/DVD Shrink.
    Hope it's the DVD(Big Fish).Shrink would not reconize the Disc.Anybody else had that problem?But DVD Decrypter did the job!!!But it gave me a window (RCE Protection Found),never seen that before.Maybe thats why Shrink would not read the disk.
    Clone DVD did a good job though (read & burned the disc).Always thought Shrink was the BEST.Mind u now I'm not complaining,cause If they tell me CAN'T I'm gonna.If I can get it on my harddrive I'm gonna make a disc.I've used some pretty weird combos for converting
    Although I did try a couple of Different programs (DVD Idle Pro & DVD43)I'll take these off & see if that was the Problem.Cause I sure like DVD Shrink it's been a real good Buddy.I've been able to Rip & Burn Under 30 Min.
    Any other Combo I try takes 40 to 45 min
    Anyway I was just curious about Big Fish & DVD Shrink
    No Biggie Guys
    Thanks to all for the past help though this has to be the best site. I've never had a problem that was'nt solved here.Or a Program I could not find,with your assistance AGAIN Many,Many THANKS

9. gmw1955

gmw1955 Member

Veblin

Thanks for the reply. When checking my hard drive properties the format says ntfs. However, when I checked the system information it says the file system is FAT 32. I am running XP home version. Is there a way to change or reconfigure the FAT 32 file system? thanks

10. mia33

mia33 Member

HI -
    Just burned my first dvd (big fish). Used Decrypter, Shrink and Nero. Saved as an ISO file and it went smoothly. Had tried to save Video_TS file, open it, etc, per the "Copy DVD-9 or DVD-5" guide and it was a mess. Just deleted the foreign language audio, it was under 4.7GB. Really, I used an ISO file saved to my HD after I had opened files with Shrink (it analyzed and auto-launched Decryptor (I guess), then opened Nero burn, selected ISO and clicked "write" - Voila, c'est magnifique. Thanks for your help guys. By the way, am using XP.

11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

rick5446, I burned Big Fish using DVD Shrink and Nero. I have yet to find a movie that Shrink will not handle.

12. Veblin

Veblin Active member

gmw1955

You must have FAT 32 as your System Information is saying. I don't know why your drive properties are reporting that you have NTFS.

The best way to have NTFS is to originally format the drive that way, but you can convert to NTFS also.

Open Help and Support and search for Convert NTFS.
    Then select.
    Pick a task
    Convert a volume to NTFS from the command prompt.
    There are instuctions on how to convert to NTFS.
    Be sure to read the Related Topics.

13. gmw1955

gmw1955 Member

Veblin

Thanks for the great info. I read the related topics and it seems easy enough to convert to NTFS. Also, it appears to be advantageous for several reasons. By my reading of the help topics, I understand that "converting" as opposed to "formatting" to NTFS will not cause me to lose any of my data or programs. Is that your understanding as well?

14. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Thats the way it is supposed to work but convert at your own risk. There is of course a small chance that things can go wrong. You might want to back-up anything you really can't lose.

You should probably both defragment and check the disk before you convert. You also need a fair amount of free space on the drive to make the conversion.

You should look at this information also.
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?Product=winxp&Query=convert+ntfs

This sound like the opposite of the problem you are having. This is about drives that say they are FAT 32 in the Properties when they are actually NTFS.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298609&Product=winxp
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]The best information on streaming media recording.
    The Streaming Media Recording Forum.
    http://p084.ezboard.com/bstreemeboxvcr[/small]

Last edited: May 1, 2004
  15. PennRon

PennRon Regular member

hi:

ok here's my 2 cents. I use dvd shrink 3.17. When I first put dvd in I hit OPEN DISC. it then does an analysis that takes about 1 minute or so. I then uncheck everything (relating to main movie) except dolby 5.1 english. everything under subpicture I uncheck. then I go to MENUS and use the pulldown and do CUSTOM RATIO and slide the bar all the way to the left. Do that for everything except main movie which you leave on automatic. this will give you highest quality video for main movie. then I do backup and save it to my hard drive. this all takes about 50 minutes. I then use IMGTOOL to burn the files from the hard drive. That takes about 15 minutes. Using plextor 708 on athlon 2200, 512 ram, 4x BeALL blanks from meritline. absolutely no coasters and the entire movie plays with no jerky moves or sparkles. regards....

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey PA Ron and the rest of you "Good guys", it sure is great to sit back and read a thread where all is going well. Keep up the good work and don't be afraid to travel a bit, check other threads, especially the new ones, helping others is what this place is about and you are great examples - Give the Newbies a hand and don't forget, Welcome them into our happy fold :)

cheers all,

Pete

17. mia33

mia33 Member

someone told me that -R is only for Mac format, while +R is for PC. Is that true, or what is really the difference?

18. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

mia33 , whoever told you that is a complete idiot !!

And as to the other silly question , do a afterdawn or google search for DVD Covers [this is not the place]

19. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 installed on my computer, as well as Nero 6 Ultra. I have no probem with using DVD Shrink. I do not have the packet writing portion of Roxio or Nero installed. Maybe this makes a difference in these 3 programs co-existing just fine.

20. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Roxio is [bold]known[/bold] to be problematic Grandpa [a 'search messages' will produce a fair few threads]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.