1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used dvd shrink to rip dvd to vob and using any video converter to convert having problem please help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by dawn88, Dec 30, 2010.

1. dawn88

dawn88 Member

I don't know what all information is needed but here we go.I'm running windows vista home edition I'm also using the dvd shrink 3.2 and any video converter 3.1.2.

When I ripped the dvd I clicked (Open Disk>then once scanned I used the (re-author and only ripped the main video no subtitles or Japanese audio or menus nothing like that.)

When I go to the folder where the videos are and play a video it automatically plays it in English dubbed with no subtitles just the way I want it.

The problem is I don't really like the opening and ending credits there to long so I wanted to convert it to a file format that will work on windows movie maker.

The vob file works fine.So here's the problem.

(1)When I use any video converter 3.1.2 and I convert from vob to wmv it speeds up the video and plays the sound normally.It put them out of sync.
    (2)When I put it in avi format it adds the subtitles and I don't know how to remove the subtitles in any video converter.

any video converter will put the wmv files out of sync and will add subtitles to all other file formats.

The reason why I'm trying to convert is so I can use movie maker to cut the opening and ending out of video and any video converter dose not seem to want to work for it.

Is there a way to remove subtitles in any video converter or will the problem be fixed if I up grade to the newer free version or should I get a different free full vob file converter.

Any ideas or tips please.By the way in the any video converter in the audio options under the little video player it shows there are none for subtitles.But it still adds them.

Could you please e-mail me at *email removed*

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  2. Chetwood

Chetwood Regular member

WMV sucks. And why not use Shrink to trim start and ending? Do a right-click on the title in reauthor mode.

3. dawn88

dawn88 Member

I just figured out how to do this last night by reading from the guides on top.There actually vary helpful.