useing a vcr with a dvd player

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by rtrg, Dec 1, 2007.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

As I am sure most of you know, finding a combination of dvd player and vcr that will allow RECORDING of copy protected discs is a challange. At this point my only solution is to record on my vcr useing my windows media player CLASSIC, sending the signal to my vcr useing a vga to analog line out video convertor. It is a small box that allows the monitor and line out to be used simultaneoysly. It works well. Not all medea players can handle CP discs. I know from endless downloading of fFREE players and then removing them because they did not work well. Now the question, does anyone know of a product,circuit,project I can build that will remove the protection from a CP disc so my vcr is presented with a CLEAN recordable signal? I have 2 vcrs and players that do not work well because of this issue. Some discs are CP and some are not. That fact is NOT on the packageing. The only real solution is to use an ancient vcr that does NOT recognize CP at all. That has worked well also. My last vcr of this type died a slow death and finding a replacement is impossible. Machines that old invariably do not work or are not STEREO. Solutions? Is there anyone stupid enough to advertise such a solution on the web/net? Web adress? HELP!

2. attar

attar Senior member

Analog protection (Macrovision) can be removed by the countless 'Video Stabilizers' that are available on the web.
    I use one that was made by Optex (purchased fifteen years ago from Radio Shack).You probably know someone who has one in a drawer.
    Mine runs (forever) on a 9v battery;the new models are AC.