Using Decrypter to make a backup copy

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gfc620, Oct 14, 2005.

1. gfc620

gfc620 Guest

Hi,

I'm new here and new to backing up games. I have a moded XBOX, and I want to backup a purchased copy of NBA Live 2006. I've search this board and I keep seeing information about using Decrypter to make an iso of the game.

Now my problem is that XBOX games don't read in DVD-ROM's! I use FTP software and I know how to read an XBOX disk from it (The D drive) but I don't know how to make that drive readable so the computer will detect the drive so I can use Decrypter. I tried everything to backup this game, but the game copy that I made on DVD just freezes.

I normally copy games to my hard drive and use Nero to backup games. I have been able to make several games but not NBA Live 2006.

Can some PLEASE assist!!

Remember I know how to FTP, copy the game to the hard drive, and use Nero to back up a game.

I would like to learn how to use Decrypter to make iso backups so I can work with Nero.

Thanks for any help

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Dvd Decrypter [bold]isn't[/bold] an iso creation tool. you need [bold]Craxtion[/bold] http://craxtion.xbox-scene.com/ or [bold]Qwix[/bold] http://www.teamavalaunch.com/qwix/index.html or another xbox iso creator. Once you have your iso created from the files you FTP'd to your computer, use the option within your favorite burning software (including dvd decrypter) of "burn as image" or something similar.
    [bold]In dvd decrypter select Mode/Iso/Write[/bold]

[​IMG]

[bold]Select your iso file[/bold]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[bold]Burn Disc[/bold]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  3. gfc620

gfc620 Guest

Thanks I'll try it!

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Bohefus

I would have to disagree.

HAHA J/K

good post good information.

The only other thing I wanted to add is make sure you burn at a slow speed no faster then 4x and use good media.

And I just wanted to add a frendly comment to gfc620.

we are glad to help out newbies but I would sugest to take the time to read the post at the top of the forums most of those threads are threads that they pin that are questions asked frequnetly in the forum.

Which 1 of them is how to make a backup of Xbox games. So just read or search usaly you can find the answer if you just take the time before posting.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  5. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Probably so, but I'm impatient and I usually burn at max speed. Ocassionally I'll get an error and end up with a coaster but my 8x discs work fine otherwise.