1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent still not green after forwarding port

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ryberg31, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

nevermind

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  2. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

I know somebody is gonna wonder wtf happened here... I resolved my issues and they would be no help to the group.. so I removed them.. sorry for the wasted space...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  3. behanjc

behanjc Member

I'm using hte program Azureus and I get NAT error when I test the port even though I think I forwarded it correctly and applied all of the options I'm supposed to. I have a static IP and everyhting as well.

1. 16881
    2. 192.168.0.115
    3. DLink 108G Gaming Router (DGL 4300)
    4. Bell Sympatico HIgh Speed (Canada)
    5. Only the firewall in my router (I tried DMZ for this comp)
    6. 1 other laptop and a r PC.

4. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

Followed PortForward but couldn't figure this out....

1. 29500
    2. 192.168.1.101
    3. Linksys WRT54G
    4. Windstream (Alltel)
    5. Windows firewall
    6. 2 total (plus a PS2)

5. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Heya Jamaal. I'm here because SVTstang asked me to see if I could help you. I rarely jump into these 4 page long threads--for future reference, it's TOTALLY ok to start a new thread when you're asking for specific help.

You said:
    1. 29500
    2. 192.168.1.101
    3. Linksys WRT54G
    4. Windstream (Alltel)
    5. Windows firewall
    6. 2 total (plus a PS2)

Looking at your setup, I'd say there are 3 possible issues at hand, I will list them in order of likelihood.

1. Windows Firewall
    2. Changed local IP
    3. DL's throttled by ISP.

Recommendations:
    1. Ditch windows firewall. First off, you're behind a router, so it already keeps you safer than the windows firewall does. Secondly, the windows firewall is a PAIN IN THE NECK. I would recommend turning it off completely. After that solves your problem, you can procure another, better firewall if you so desire.

2. Just double check that the IP you've forwarded to is the one that your computer actually HAS. I do this via the status tab in my WRT54G, because my computer has a unique name (N0bility) to be exact, and because I can see really quickly just who all's on my network. You can do it there (you have to press the Status tab, then the local network button, then "view DHCP clients table.), or you can just do it via control panel where you probably already did. With multiple computers on the network, DHCP could concievably give you a different IP when you reboot depending on what else is happening on the network. Making a static IP can solve this problem, but it also, in my opinion, introduces a whole new set of headaches.

3. I don't use uTorrent, so I don't know where the setting is, but enable header packet encryption. It's a good idea for everyone to turn it on, actually, because if you don't you can never download from people who have it enabled---which will hurt your speeds.

Give those a whirl, and let me know if that works for you.

6. Jamaal10

Jamaal10 Regular member

Ok, 1 and 2 are taken care of, but can't find where to enable #3.

Tried it without but am still having speed issues and am unable to get a green light...

7. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Under Preferences-bittorrent.......Under protocol Encryption change in to enabled, and check the "allow incoming legacy connections" box

8. cho_cho

cho_cho Member

Ok...

1. 50000
    2. 192.168.2.111
    3. Linksys BEFW11S4 v4
    4. Tiscali
    5. Windows Firewall (now disabled)
    6. 4

I have tried everything that has been previously posted, with no luck. I still get a red light no matter what i try. I've tried all sorts of ports, DCHP and static ip, firewall on and off, enabled protocal/legecy connections (utorrent) etc.!

LChorme you said "Okay, I resolved the issue. I had to go into the modem's SUA/NAT settings and set the ports open to the IP that the modem gave to the router."

Could you elaborate? I'm using a Linksys modem (ADSL2MUE). Do i need to configure that somehow? It says its local ip address is 192.168.1.2, and my router says 192.168.2.1. do i need to forward from my modem to router, or visa-versa?

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2006
  10. cho_cho

cho_cho Member

I've already been there and tried everything that is suggested woth out any luck!

11. peomp

peomp Member

DHT disabled, does that make my utorrent download speed faster?

12. florok

florok Member

Hi,
    I think I have solution, for those who have not green lighht after forwarding port, while using a D-link router DI-524 or similar.

go to the ADVANCED/ APPLICATIONS tab, and add 2 new things:

1-
    name: whatever 1
    Trigger Port: 40000-60000
    Trigger Type: both
    Public Port : (potr that you have selected in uTorrent) (I have-61410)
    Public Type : both

dont forget to mark enable!!

press apply

2-
    name: whatever 2
    Trigger Port: (potr that you have selected in uTorrent) (I have-61410)
    Trigger Type: both
    Public Port : 40000-60000
    Public Type : both

dont forget to mark enable!!

press apply

after Ive done this, I ve got green light in uTorrent and also on page http://www.utorrent.com/testport.php?port=61410...

I hope this will help (it work for me)

13. uzair265

uzair265 Member

hi
    i read all da posts n im too struggling thru same problem. but da answer to all da questions is dat linksys is not gud router for torrents it blocks da ports n mostly all da users facing dis problem r using linksys.

-Try changing ur router i suggest Netgear

14. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Member

After struggling to read your post, I disagree. You might have to do more tweaking compaired to other routers but once you do its fixed.

Besides, there would probably be more work to do on other settings if you complately changed routers.

15. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

10 minutes later, four translation services, and a headache, my conclusion is that your post is wrong! I use Linksys, always have, very simple. How hard is it to go in to your router via your web browser, choose a port, then enter it so its forwarded? On a strong torrent i hit 800-850 Kb/s, through the LINKSYS router, not bad me thinks. Not exactly rocket science IMO.

16. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

shh svtstang (hi, btw) u are know he are teh l33tness and an' if he kan't make it da werk it haf'fa be everywun's falt but hiz ownz.

:)

uzair:
    Try slightly pulling your surge protector out of the wall, licking your finger, and touching the two flat pieces of metal. That should make your linksys router work there feller!

disclaimer: don't actually try that, you might die.

17. uzair265

uzair265 Member

i think i dont made myself clear
    i do like linksys n i think it is one of da best routers i know but for 6 months from now i was getting da same problem of port blocking n i tried everythg but no luck but when i used netgear i dont get any ports blocked n was getting full speed of 650-700 kbs/s .

but i also need to know that can i update da firmware of licksys WRT54GS . my friend has fireware version 2.07 n he tried to put version 5 but it never change n again showed 2.07 .

18. cho_cho

cho_cho Member

I have finally gotten it sorted... by getting a new router!

After several hours talking to linksys people, and even having a computer technician from my work round to have a look at it, we all came to the same conclusion... we can't understand why its not working!

Purely outta interest, has anyone got this combination of router and modem to work (linksys BEFW11S4 V.4, ADSL2MUE)?

19. mx6bfast

mx6bfast Member

I've gotten mine to work with that router. But I have RoadRunner

20. em0ry

em0ry Member

hey, I've been trying to get this to work for upwards of 4 hours now. I've got utorrent, i'm trying to forward my ports. I think the problem is getting the static ip adress, though I've followed all the steps that everyone has told me. I've got a linksys befw11s4 router, adn I don't have any firewall up. I connect to a network at home, and the gateway i go through is 168.192.75.80, but the ip adress is 168,192.75.101. I do'nt REALLY know what I'm doing though. ANY and all help would be appreciated. I'm getting a red stop sign icon and anytime I do teh speed test to check to see if the port is forwared properly it says it isn't. Also I can't figure out HOW to run teh actual speed test. PLEASE help me out here