1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uTorrent still not green after forwarding port

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by ryberg31, Jun 20, 2006.

1. uzair265

uzair265 Member

i told u guyz before if u wana get green light n want 2 forward da port u gota chnage da router cuz mainly linksys gives dis kinda problems. n if any1 can forward da ports usin linksys router plz tell us how

2. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

i can!!

1.Make a static ip

2.Enter local ip in browser, go to apps and gaming, enter a port then check the enable box

3.hit save

OMG now my port is forwarded, look at that! Soooooo difficult eh? Not really lmao ;)

BTW

Are you trying to give us a headache by typing like that? If so, congratulatons on a job well done.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  3. TomMelee

TomMelee Regular member

Lawls....

The answer of how to do what you want to do has been posted so many hundreds of times on this forum uzair, hell it's even IN MY SIGNATURE, but still you can't figure it out...

Good luck.

~Melee

4. LokKrunch

LokKrunch Member

try this if you correctly opened and forwarded ports...
    while in uT navigate to preferences > advanced settings
    locate the following and change accordingly...

net.bind_ip = set to local address.. eg 192.168.1.xxx
    net.outgoing_ip = set to external addy, u should know how to find it...
    net.outgoing_port = set to port your client is using..

this should work for users who have correctly forwarded ports.. and opened ports on any existant firewall...

5. fjsf

fjsf Member

1. 64320
    2. 192.168.254.3
    3. Siemens Speedstream 6520
    4. Roadrunner
    5. Windows firewall disabled.
    6. 2 (total)
    Note:My router(Siemens Speedstream 6520) is located in Bell not Siemens for some odd reason in portforward.com.Also I get a green light in utorrent below but when I check if the port is forwarded properly it shows me this:

Welcome to the ĀµTorrent Port Checker.
    A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 64320 on 213.42.21.80...

Error! Port 64320 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

6. yoyoko

yoyoko Member

1. doesnt matter, using 16889 right now
    3.Speedstream 4200
    4.Sympatico
    5. windows firewall disabled
    6. 2 including this one.

7. miningo

miningo Guest

Hi, new here so might say stupid thing, sorry!

1.I want to asked if there's something wrong with my IP address in the "ipconfig/all", it doesn't start with 192.168.xxx.x but it's 12.191.181.203???? Sorry for alot of jibber jabber.

2.Ripwave MX Modem from Navini (connect me to LAN)
    3.i29
    4.Microsoft Firewall
    5.no

I have red light all the time and can't access to my modem even though I did set up the static IP and all. And is the static IP the same with local IP.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2006
  8. devlin

devlin Guest

I have a problem similar to this. I know how to forward ports and all that but whenever i try to save changes i get the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. I have the linksys befw11s4 because i have two computers in the house. if i dont use the router my downloads are fine in utorrent but once i have the router on i cant get my green nat.
    i know how to do everything i just have a problem with the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage it always comes out every time i want to save.

9. bslim5

bslim5 Member

Ok here is my dillima. I have tried to open a port 13643 and everytime I check the port test it gives me and error that port is not opened. I also noticed that the ip address it is using doesn't exist. It is not my router address. So please tell me where it is getting this address from. I have gone through setting up my port by using portforwad and everything is has told me to do is done. My speed sucks and I need help. Also how do u know what port number to use. Thanks in advance very confused

10. bslim5

bslim5 Member

Hi Im having problems with my port. I have gone to portfoward and followed the steps but I still get and error that my port is not opened. I have a 2 wire modem 2700 HG-B. I also have a red light. Please advise me what I need to to. I have noticed that the ip address the port is trying to go out on is not my router address. Is there a way I can change it to my router address. What is the average download time for a movie.

11. pepidav

pepidav Member

OKAY... i was having the same problem as many of you are having. heres how i got this to work.

follow the instructions on portforward.com (forward the port and then enter it into utorrent - i used 25252 but it shouldn't matter)

run the port check in utorrent and if it still fails do this.

1.go into control panel

2.network connections

3.right click on local area connection > properties

4.click on the "advanced" tab

5.if there is a tick in "internet connection firewall" click on "settings" down the bottom of the window (if not put a tick in the box and choose settings)

6.you will now see a list of stuff like "ftp server" "internet mail...." CLICK ON ADD

7.enter a name (p2p, utorrent WHATEVER) and your ip and finally, the port you have forwarded for utorrent in both remaining spaces. make sure TCP is selected

8.click OK place a tick in you newly created exception and press OK again.

9.restart your pc to make sure the change is saved and this should get you working. if not i don't know what will.

I hope this works for everyone.

12. HelloM33

HelloM33 Member

Hmmm.
    Im Using The New Bittorent with the Utorrent interface.
    im getting a yellow Light.
    1.Any Port. it doesnt matter.
    2. 192.168.2.2
    3.ZyXEL EQ-660R
    4.Sprint/Embarq
    5.Nvidia & Windows Firewall

13. Kaguhito

Kaguhito Member

1. 53732 is the one i am using right now
    2. 192.168.1.2
    3. Netgear WGR614 v6
    4. bellsouth
    5. sygate but is disabled at the moment
    6. 1 just mine normaly but can range to 6

i have under network connections under internet protocol tcp/ip have it set up under my router i have my 192.168.1.2 assigned to my computer i have put this port under the port forwarding in my router

when i check to see if port is forwarded correctly it says error but its checking my external ip im not sure if thats the one it needs to ceck or if it is my 192.168.1.2 also i have gotten everything to work but within about a weeks to a mouths time it gose to yellow then red

14. asusred

asusred Member

1. 40152
    2. 192.168.1.1
    3. Wireless-G Broadband Router with SpeedBooster WRT54GSV4
    4. Roadrunner
    5. windows disabled
    6. 2

15. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Use any port or, if needed, range over 10,000. Set a Static ip address, just pay attention to what is said about the DNS Server (s) and Default Gateway showing the same: http://www.portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm Port forward your router and some modems, just find your router and/or modem, click on it, click on your client and follow the directions: http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm Check in case your ISP is throttling, There are more than this list shows: http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs Disable UPnP at options>preferences>connection and enable Protocol Encryption: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/395674 Make your client an exception in any firewall you use and more than 1 computer downloading on the same connection is sharing bandwidth. Also, if connected wirelessly, try connecting directly if there are problems.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  16. Kaguhito

Kaguhito Member

just found something out regarding this problem i had a green check shortly after i posted but a day or so later when my isp ip changed i got an error port not forwarded and i get a red ! so any ideas would help

17. ronvey

ronvey Member

Is there any connection between throttling by ISPs and one not being able to open up any ports in uTorrent or any other client?

18. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

If you are not using a port in the 6881-6999 range, then it is unlikely that the ISP is the issue.
    The ISP throttling is generally about limiting bandwidth and/or interfering with bittorrent communications.

The closed port issue is almost always related to software (firewall/anti-virus) or hardware (router).

19. ronvey

ronvey Member

I have tried just about everything mentioned in this thread, except for this:
    (I dont know how to go about it)

I still am not able to open up a port in uTorrent.

I have windows firewall on and have uTorrent and the port it uses as exceptions. I have also tried with the firewall disabled.

I have the free version of AVG antivirus.

I have forwarded the port in my router (Linksys WRT54G) first before changing it in uTorrent and have tried with both a static IP and the local IP.

All to no avail.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  20. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

I have AVG free also, so that is not an issue.
    I assume that the Windows XP is not the issue as you have had it disabled and setting its exceptions is easy.

I am not sure if you used this guide so I'll put it here as it is good:
    http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Linksys/WRT54G/Utorrent.htm

If you are going to forward, make sure UPnP (and NAT_PMP) and the Randomize port each time utorrent starts options in uTorrent are disabled.
    Those are located at Options/Preferences/Connection.

You may want to try using UPnP.
    I believe that router has that capability.
    Although forwarding is preferable.

Do you also have a modem? If so, make/model?
    It is possible that the modem has router (firewall) function.