1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd On ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kyle.R, Jul 29, 2005.

1. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

so is there a way to use cheats on backups that you load through cogswap or not

2. jjax

jjax Guest

You can can get as much FAT as you like!... the 4gb limit is only if you use windows disk manager to do the formatting. If you download Partition Magic 8.0, it will do all the formatting stuff you want, to any size you want.

Kyle, i don't know how to apply cheats to games loaded with cogswaploader yet! - i'm sure it's possible though!

3. keebles

keebles Regular member

you can use cheats with backups, it works for me

4. keebles

keebles Regular member

yes you can play it, you just need some way of converting the video format from NTSC <>Pal ethier by using a computer tool that converts the rip files, or a video converter such as a Scart or any of the other devices stated.

5. jjax

jjax Guest

keebles, how you load ARMAX cheats with a backup (loaded through cogswap loaded off mc)???

6. elhefe

elhefe Member

now that i know that, is there anyway to use the HDD USB to play DIVX movies using any kind of software like ARMAX?
    cuz that way i would have a DIVX player in my room since my DVD player doesnt play divx

7. keebles

keebles Regular member

Just load the AR disc and then Select the name of your game that you wan't cheats for and select it. Once done press start and it will tell you to make sure that the game disc is in the drive, Instead of pressing the eject button, do the cog swap trick(take the face plate of your PS2's dvd drive and look at it under a light and you will see a white gear(cog) use a small flat head to turn it to the left by putting it in the gears(cog) slot on the side. Do this until you can gentely pull the tray out all the way so you can swap the AR disc with the Backup. Once done gentely push the tray back in and then turn the small white gear(cog) to the right until you hear it lock (the disc starts spining)or until you can no longer turn the gear(cog) anymore to the right. Then press [X] and the game will load then and you will have cheats. If you are using a Slim line PS2, you have to open the lid with out the system knowing it and swap the disc.

8. keebles

keebles Regular member

I don't think there is a way to play divix movies off a USB HDD on a PS2. I know you can load it on a USB Memory stick and play it with the AR. Also you can play it off a CDR Using AR. Another way is to use the Gameshark/Reality Player to load the divix movies(the gameshark player costs money while the Reality player is free). The Reality Player can load Divix files off DVDR/CDR and over the Lan connection. While the GameShark Player only loads movies over the lan connection.

9. ChrisKahn

ChrisKahn Guest

actually you can. If you use ar max media player it will detect divx files on ur usb hdd. I have several movies on mine. But it only plays smoothly at very low quality since the ps2 has a gay usb port that isnt 2.0. High quality movies will studder and glitch which is wack as hell. Just use max media creator to convert video files to divx and it should work.

10. keebles

keebles Regular member

oh I didn't know that

11. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

can you transfer ps1 saves to ar max pendrive????

12. elhefe

elhefe Member

thats odd...
    USB 1.1 = 12m bits ps = 1.5mbyte per sec = 8 minutes to transfer a 700mb file... which means that it shouldnt have a problem with regular DIVX for tv shows like
    Lost (43' per episod = 350mb)
    Joey (23' per episode = 170mb)

13. madhive

madhive Guest

14. ChrisKahn

ChrisKahn Guest

we are not talking about transfer rate for installing. Im just saying that playing movies from hdd connected via usb to the ps2 will be slow if its a high quality movie. Even with games ... cg movies and intro movies skip when using usb extreme.

15. elhefe

elhefe Member

well that's what im sayin the USB hardware on the PS2 is not the problem since it is capable of playin them just fine...
    the problem has to be USB EXTREME then

16. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

keebles you said that to load the backup with cheats you do a swap trick now i guided some one else through the swap on the slim and they selected with cheats and they had the lid open without the ps2 knowing but the ar max disk didn't stop spinning so does that mean that it does not work with the slim or is there some way you have to stop the disk?????

and i have a ps1 memory card that does not work in the ps2 when it is in slot one and you start the ps2 up it stays on a black screen
    or when i start up the ps2 without the mem card in and then whent and put memcard in and go into browser it freezes and it wont do any thing.is there any way to format ps1 memorycard with action replay??

17. jjax

jjax Guest

Yeah - that way of loading ARMAX cheats on a backup is only gonna work for cd games (?) plus the disc doesn't stop spinning so it'll wear out the laser if you do this more than a couple of times! - it hasn't worked for dvd backups on my ps2 at least.

If there's a way to do it with cogswaploader, then it'd be a more reliable method.

18. Glitched

Glitched Guest

This Is kinda off topic here but, I tried using media reality player on my ps2 with a mod but i think the movie wont load becasue it 694mb and it say loading or sumthing and goes back to the menu with the music, Is there another way to do it or can some 1 help me

19. keebles

keebles Regular member

You have to stop the AR disc and swap it before the system can detect that the disc was swapped. and for the Memory card, it sounds like the card uses falsh memory and that some how it got messed up. I don't think there is a way to fix it with the console since you said it freezes.

I don't know why you can't boot a dvd backup with cheats, I can.

20. keebles

keebles Regular member

for the media player, it shouldn't matter how big the file is, it will just take a little longer to load/buffer the movie. Make sure that you have all the options set to the max. And if that doesn't work, try setting them the least. If that still dosen't work, try cutting the movie into parts and see if it will load. If all that doesn't help, I don't know what you should do since like I said I don't have a modchip and don't have any knowledge of how to work with them.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005