1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd On ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kyle.R, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Glitched

Glitched Guest

lol i wasted 3 cds already ,I dont wanna waste anymore,I tried lowering and making the settings hight but nothing......I heard some1 say something about Toc any1 know what to do or anything with it

2. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

i went to go buy action replay and from ebay and it says that its not compatible with slim ps2
    [​IMG]

is this true???????????

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  3. Glitched

Glitched Guest

WtF it should be compatible,u got some wierd version

4. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

5. Glitched

Glitched Guest

buy it from walmart ,so you have warrenty

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

AR Max is not licensed or endorsed by Sony so they try to prevent it from working by updating the bios in their different versionsof PS2. If you have a modchip it will work otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

7. Glitched

Glitched Guest

To be on the safe side go to any big names store like ,bestbuy,futureshop or walmart

8. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

i live in australia and i dont have a wallmart and the ones in eb games is $90 without usb stick and this one is $65 with usb stick

and no i dont have a mod this was one of the reasons i wanted ar max because i could use cogswap loader with ar max and load backup disks and emulators and i could watch vcd's on ps2 as well

so if i doesnt work with slim ps2 im stuck i cant afford a mod there $190 over here so ar max was my last hope

i have two disks that are really scratched so i was hoping to back them up

9. madhive

madhive Guest

10. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

@madhive
    i had a look at it but mine is the pal ps2

so you said that ar max evo works on the slim ps2

thats great i just need someone with pal version to say that

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  11. madhive

madhive Guest

yes it does work on slimline ps2's and if you buy evo (or the origanl one MAX) it comes wit software to convert videos to The format ps2's use and burn it....... there is a part in the armax cd that lets you swap the cd for the cd you burned and play it

thankxxx!!! questions????,just ass(ask my little joke)

by the way u responded very fast........ cool

Gigity^Gigity^Gigity^GOO^

12. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

that so great to know that it works with slim ps2 i will get max evo

you said something about a part in ar max that lets you swap to burn disk i that for games and if so does i let you swap to dvd games

and is ar max on cd or dvd

13. madhive

madhive Guest

once again fastreply wow 3 minutes -o- wow anyway it may let you swap i tried but i have a non moddedd ps2 ive tried it did not work but i know there is a way out there to do it with no mod and the armax regular is a PS2 gold (real) disc (High quality PS2 DVD-ROM) evo is a ps2 cd-rom lower quality

14. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

so you suggest to get ar max regular or evo
    the reason im getting evo is i want the drive so i can put cogswap loader on it and with that i can play backups and i also want to be able to swap saves from computer to ps2

15. madhive

madhive Guest

i say you sould get the origanl if you allready have a flash memory drive cause the one with evo is like only 10mb i think and with the origanl you can make saves with this
    http://www.ps2savetools.com/download.php?op=getit&lid=74
    and save them then put them on jump drive the load them to mem card in armax so i say armax origanl

16. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

i thought it was 64MB and i dont have a pen drive and i have read that a lot of pen drives dont work with it i had a look on ar maxes website and they say that both versions (ar regular and evo)come with exact same software but evo just has the 64mb pendrive

do you have both versions or something how do you know that ar evo is on cd and regular on dvd?????

17. madhive

madhive Guest

i have both and the evo is not silver on the botom (like a james bond game)it is blue and that is means lower preformance quality and lifespan

the origanl is on a dvd (like a officaly licenced and endorced game by sony like you would buy new from a mall or shop)(except it does not say sony ps2 on the data side of the disk)

i got like 25 or 26 pen drives from ebay for like 1 cent (shiping $4usd)and they are all diferent brands and all of them work (i tested them just a sec ago on mi slim)(thats whi i did not answer) even to tell you somehow my sons friend got his usb hard to work with armax and his slim. even mi 3gb pen drive works
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...&Sku=R88-1010&SRCCODE=GOOPROD&CMP=OTC-FROOGLE
    i have a evo pendrive ive got 2 of dem and when i put one into my pc it says 19.8 mb free after i format both of them and my other one says 28.5.....yes i know its weird

18. madhive

madhive Guest

also just a suggestion i saw you have internet explore u should try getting mozilla firefox
    http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    and since were talkin so much replyin so fast if you have aim
    http://www.aim.com/
    and a screen name (mine is krazekaral) we can talk a little faster well ill b bak in a hour or 2 i g2g take a shower and get ready 4 bed

19. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

no i dont have aim but i have msn messenger and how the heck did you get 26 pendrives for one cent

if you see any deals like that again on ebay could you privat message me

20. madhive

madhive Guest

ok do u got a ebay username mine is jonbetten that is mi real name