1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vcd On ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kyle.R, Jul 29, 2005.

1. keebles

keebles Regular member

Please check my post below. Thank You

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  2. keebles

keebles Regular member

I know this is way off topic, but has anyone in the US checked their radio station 94.7 the zone. It use to be rock music, but know it is nothing but a bunch of older fart music! How rude of them to change the stations music. I use to listen GreenDay,Seether, and alot of other songs on their. Now all you hear is old fart music.

3. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

ive found ar max but still its $70 so ill just have to save up to get it
    i can get a 1GB mp3 player for $119 and i think from the info that i gatherd that ar max will recognize it im thinking of getting it
    do you think its worth it it means it will cost me all up $199!!

4. jjax

jjax Guest

Kyle, I wouldn't buy an mp3 player for $119 if you only want to use it with ARMAX - you need to know what you're doing and persevere with it to get a partition FAT formatted - and there's no guarantees that it'll even work. You'd be cheaper getting a bigger capacity external hard drive and play around with that to get your ARMAX to read it.

Also, I don't know where you're getting AR MAX from, but $70 is a joke! - most places sell it for $25. See http://us.codejunkies.com/shop/product.asp?c=US&cr=USD&cs=$&r=0&l=1&ProdID=211 for more detail.

Once you get ARMAX, see if your FAT-formatted pendrive works on it first before trying an mp3 player - p0rt_1337 has already said that ARMAX usb compatibility isn't the same for all ps2 versions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2005
  5. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

i am in Australia so our dollar is differnt from ours and the only place that has it is
    EB games for $90
    harvey norman for $70
    and Ive seen it on ebay au for $67 PLUS postage

im just going to have to wait until i get some money or ask my mum and dad for it for christmas

6. ChrisKahn

ChrisKahn Guest

Whoa there... yea i bought ar max at fred myers for 25 bucks. If ur down under then try consolesource.com . They have it for around 25- 30 bucks US. So dont spend like 200 bucks just to play mp3 and movies on ur ps2. its way easier to just buy a hella big/cheap external hdd like mine(120 gigs)and have hella movies and music on it.

7. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

i was thinking of getting hd but because i got the slim i would have to get external and get usb advance but nowere here supplys it and i would have to get it over sees thus costing me around $80
    then the external case which is about $30 plus the hardrive costing me about $135 and all this totaled up cost $245
    which is way out of my reach i was hoping to spend about $30-60

and also if i got a chip i could play some backups because that is something i cant do at the moment cause i only know were one place around here installes them for $190!!!!!

and i cant buy anything on the net accept certain things on ebay

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  8. ChrisKahn

ChrisKahn Guest

ook since u dont wanna spend alot i suggest you get swap magic since thats the easiest way/cheap to play backups. I have a slim too and it works. Oh and i dont think you need to go get action replay installed since its a DVD rom disc that you buy to use cheats on games. Kinda like a game shark. And you cant use it to run backups.Theres a place that charges 190 bucks for that???

9. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

sorry i meant to get a chip intsalled it will cost me $190

and if i get the action replay and usb stick i can use the cogswap trick thus i can play backups

but nowere here has evo ed

and i cant find swap magic here either

10. jjax

jjax Guest

You can definitely play backups with AR MAX. Using the media player, you can load either cogswaploader.elf or cdloader.elf -> either of these will load your backups.

I have a version10 ps2, and cogswaploader.elf wont load directly through ARMAX, but i've installed the MC exploit using cdloader.elf as my backup loader - and that solves that problem.

11. ChrisKahn

ChrisKahn Guest

whoa i didnt even know that. Now i guess i dont have to buy a swap magic then. But i got a slim ps2 so memcard exploits wont work. Can you tell me how to burn a cd with the cdloader.elf and how to use it to run backups?

12. jjax

jjax Guest

Cdloader works kinda like cogswaploader, but will only stop cd's spinning, the dvd's just slow down making it potentially harmful to your laser if you attempt the slide tool method.

The way you can use it to load all your backups is as follows:

1. Use the Independence Compiler 4.1 software to compile an "exploit" disc that instead of installing the files on the memory card, just runs them off the cd. To do this, you select "NO" at the "installer only?" option.

2. Start up Action Replay Max, select the media player.

3. Put in a cdr you've burned with cdloader.elf on it (download this one: http://www.exploitstation.com/index.php?page=elfs ) - you make This cdr with the software that comes with ARMAX (max media creator)

4. Load cdloader.elf

5. Put in an official PS2 Cd game

6. Cdloader will then stop the cd spinning

7. Use the swap tool to swap the game cd with your "exploit" disc

8. PS2 menu (or whatever launcher program you've chosen) will load

9. You can then select "cogswaploader.elf" from the ps2 menu folders

10. With cogswaploader.elf loaded, you can load all the backups you want.

------------------

This is a long way about loading backups on a slimline PS2, but if you can't install an MC exploit, then this is the cheapest way of loading your backups. AR MAX is all you need to buy for this (and two cdrs ofcourse!)

13. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

isnt there a way to load the gogswap loader of the usb stick????

14. keebles

keebles Regular member

just put the file on the usb stick and use the AR to boot it since the PS2 doesn't use the USB ports to boot.

15. jjax

jjax Guest

Cogswaploader.elf may run on your AR MAX media player from the pendrive. It doesn't run on mine, but does on alot of other folks AR MAX. It's hit and miss as to whether it will load directly on yours or not.

The step-by-step above is a "definitive" guide to get it to run, regardless of your system, version of ARMAX etc. etc.

16. keebles

keebles Regular member

I agree since I have tried to load certian things off the usb stick and they won't load while the same thing will load on someone else's.

17. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

why is that then whyy does it load on one persons but not the others because if i can get cogswap to load off usb i will definatly buy it if not maybe not

18. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

will the cogswap work on usb stick with slim has anyone tried this

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  19. jjax

jjax Guest

What we mean here Kyle is "loading DIRECTLY off AR MAX", that means straight off pendrive without having to compile a disc. The answer is maybe.

However, if it doesn't load "directly" through AR MAX media player, you (like me) can load it using cdloader.elf (which definitely will load "directly"... you can get this file from exploitstation.com)... This will allow you to load your "Exploit" Disc and instead of running off the memory card, you're loading cogswap.elf off a cd - which will work regardless of your AR MAX region, or ps2 - as far as i've experienced.

20. kyle.R

kyle.R Regular member

but why doesnt it work with all is there a way to find out if it will work with my slim before i buy it