vcd with subtitles

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by samir, Sep 5, 2003.

1. samir

samir Member

I would like to know how I can make a vcd with subtitles with tmpgenc. I use dvd decrypter, dvd2avi and then tmpgenc. I am thrilled with the result, now I want to make a vcd with perm subtitles, is it possible, it would be nice if anybody would be able to help me, thanks in advance.

Samir

2. mac71

mac71 Guest

3. samir

samir Member

I tried to follow the steps that were given, but I think something is wrong, I cannot get subtitles in the output window of VirtualDub somehow, is there something I am doing wrong, here's what I am doing..

1. Ripp the dvd
    2. Use Dvd2avi to get a .d2v file
    3. Use VFAPIConv to get a pseudo .avi file.
    4. Use VirtualDub for subtitles.
    Heres' where its written that I can see the subtitles in the output window, but neither do I get subtitles and neither do I get any sound.
    Is there something I am missing?
    Thanks for and previous answer, would be nice if you can help me here as well.

Samir Patel

4. samir

samir Member

Or is it possible if I dont use the permanent subtitles and make use of the subtitle facility that has been given with the television itself, so it becomes optional, as to when I have to put subtitles and when not. Just a question though. Might work, might not work, was just wondering.

5. mac71

mac71 Guest

Sorry to say you might want to wait for an answer from someone with a little more experience in this area than I do.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small] Want to test a Mans character? Give him Power! [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2003
  6. samir

samir Member

Does anybody know how to create premanent subtitles, I am using dvd dycrypter, dvd2avi and tmpgenc, I followed one of the guides someone provided, but couldnt successfully add the subtitles. Can anybody help me here.

Samir

7. samir

samir Member

Can anybody please help me out here.

Samir

8. Mamix

Mamix Member

Usually I use DVDx to rip and convert the movie, but since DVDx can't handle anime(because of bad sound, gets jumpy from time to time) so I try using SmartRipper, DVD2AVI, VobSub, DVobSub(comes along with VobSub, to playback) and of course, TMPGEnc. You can use the original guide from:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/808
    or use my guide here :

1. Rip the movie using SmartRipper. Make sure you've also rip the subtitle you want to add.
    2. Run DVD2Avi to get AVI and WAV file.
    3. Run Vobsub Configure to get *.sub and *.idx file. Change the AVI, WAV, SUB, and IDX into the same file name. I.e. Matrix.avi, matrix.sub,... Put these files in the same directory.
    4. Open TMPEnc. Select AVI and WAV file for video and audio input.
    5. Select Option then Environmental Settings. Click VFAPI-PlugIn Tab. If you see you DirectShow Multimedia File Reader is not the highest priority, right click on it and set it to the highest priority.
    6. Select File, Preview. Check if your subtitle is shown on the preview -- if they're not, check your subtitle filter's settings and make sure it works correctly (try opening the video with Windows Media Player -- if the subtitles play on it without turning them on anywhere, the problem is probably that you didn't remember to make the DirectShow Multimedia File Reader to be the top priority filter in the filter list in TMPGEnc). If everything looks OK, simply close the preview window.
    7. Now start TMPGEnc. After a while you'll get *.mpg file with permanent subtitle. SIMPLE AS THAT.

Congratulations.....