1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verbatrim sale

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by movies27, Jun 19, 2005.

1. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

2. engage16

engage16 Regular member

Verbatim's at Best Buy, 25pk of 16x+r or 16x-r for $9.99.

3. papabois

papabois Member

@ScubaPete
    "We were just testing them, not buying them in quanity BUT again, thanks."

Kool scene. It was no probs.

I also have some VideoGuard but have not tested them out as yet

4. ALAND

ALAND Regular member

No more Verbs for me, I can get Tys cheaper, why take a risk when you don't have to.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

there is no risk about Verbatim disks..... right on my package of 50 says....... Mitsubishi Chemical Corp......that's a big MCC....... one of the best disks made! do what you like........ but Verbatim disks are still great!

6. Nykid

Nykid Regular member

7. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@nykid

Verbatim DataLife Plus 8X DVD-R (DVDR) 4.7GB Shiny Silver Blank DVD Media in 50-Pack Cake Box

looks good to me...they are actually the DATALIFE PLUS ones...Verbatim top notch stuff~ while expensive, even with the 15% coupon, well worth the money~ :)

8. Nykid

Nykid Regular member

I might have to stop using them because my laptop sony dvd drive';s firmware doesnt recognize them.After I burn the movie it doesnt play back on my dvd player. although my desktop burns them perfectly.I was thinking about switching to tayio yuden t02 discs.

I haate switching over brands but I hear the TYO2 are great discs. I saw them for 27 cents a piece on meritline.com

9. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

can't go wrong w/ GENUINE TY discs...i think you mean the TYG02s...which are the 8x dvd-r ones :) as long as they are AUTHENTIC, you should be just fine...good luck~

10. Nykid

Nykid Regular member

Last edited: Jul 27, 2005
  11. arniebear

arniebear Active member

@Nykid

I purchased these from Meritline, they are genuine and as General 666 states have burned flawlessly. I have ordered these twice from Meritline with no problems :)

12. Nykid

Nykid Regular member

great.\,I'm gonna order some. I hope they burn ok in my laptop sony 56a dvdburner . thanks guys.

13. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

@nykid,

WAITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, the ones that you found from meritline are NOT GENUINE TAIYO YUDENS~!!!!

your link shows the "High Quality" Taiyo Yuden quality...those are NOT real Taiyo Yuden...i didn't know which ones you were looking at until you LINKED it~!!

if it's NOT too late, cancel that order, LEGIT Taiyo Yudens 8x dvd-r will NEVER be $0.27/disc as you stated...i'm sorry i didn't catch that sooner...but check out this thread where i talked about it a bit more in detail:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/214293

the "high quality" ones are NOT GENUINE Taiyo Yudens...i found this out after a 2nd more THOROUGH read on it...check out the thread above..i talked about it there more...

hope it's not too late~

14. catfreak

catfreak Active member

They must mean Taiyo Yuden-like quality ... as in using TY quality as an example, huh ... Pretty sneaky thing for a major player like MaritLine to do ...

15. daman1

daman1 Regular member

How long is the sale on for??

16. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I guess it's good to see that the real Taiyo Yuden disk have their logo right on the sale item! like in this:http://www.meritline.com/taiyo-yuden-dvd-media.html
    that way you can tell what is the real item and not the fake ones! TY quality indeed! what kind of s..t is that? how misleading!

17. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I must have missed the

Because the ones I bought from Meritline were TY's. I agree with IHoe thats pretty sneaky and easy to mistake for the real thing.

18. teflonmyk

teflonmyk Regular member

I saw that ad as well... "Crafty." I usually order mine from Supermediastore or Rima. No sense in going elsewhere as these two usually have very competitive prices, AND I know I will get authentic media. Just ordered 100 inkjet printable TYG02 from Rima (cheaper shipping) and now I need to get rid of a 50 spindle of the silver thermal TYG02's that I have yet to open. I just upgraded to the Epson R200... No more labels. LOL

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  19. kivory666

kivory666 Regular member

:) gotta read the fine print... when 1+1 does not equal 2, that is where you gotta be more careful~

as much experience as i have had with genuine and fake TYS...just gotta realize that if it's TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE in regards to TY pricing, it USUALLY is~ :) don't fall for this "trick" by meritline, to be listed in the same category as the GENUINE TYs...who knows HOW many people have already fell for this before i pointed it out...

to those that have...get a refund, as i have also purchased from meritline before and had a RMA not too long ago last month...they are pretty good about returns, don't get stuck w/ the fake stuff. :)

20. Nykid

Nykid Regular member